Serials do not attach to Order when Confirmed

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #279718

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30

I have set up three packs, each with a pre-defined list of serial numbers. The packs show which products they are assigned to.

I have placed a back end test order, added the product, then confirmed. After confirming, refreshed the page.

No serial number is being assigned to the order. It doesn't seem to be pulling serials off of the list. I tried it with the packs assigned to variants and also assigned ONLY to the master product.

I can't figure out what I have done wrong, but it just doesn't work. What do I do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #279724

Hello,

Yes, the serial association cannot work with products added manually in the backend since it does not use the order creation triggers.
That's why there is a "refresh" button available in the backend interface while displaying the order details ; it allows you to ask for a refresh of serial association when the order has been manually modified.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 5 months ago #279732

Jerome wrote: Yes, the serial association cannot work with products added manually in the backend since it does not use the order creation triggers.That's why there is a "refresh" button available in the backend interface while displaying the order details ; it allows you to ask for a refresh of serial association when the order has been manually modified.,

Does this mean that to use a stack of serial numbers, each order has to be refreshed manually to add the serial number to the order?

Also (just tested it), it seems that serial numbers taken from 'the pile' are random. They don't simply take the first available serial by ID. Or is there a way to force the 'order'?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #279771

Hello,

No, it just mean that if you creating order manually in the backend, you need to perform the action that I'm talking about : clicking on the "refresh association" button.
In the backend, the system is fully automatic since it's a fixed workflow and the customer cannot modify anything as it want.

About the selection of serial, please read the "random pickup" setting in the pack configuration documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/117-pack-edition.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynn

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds