Custom Hika Serial Nembers before client order

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #165714

Hi, I wanted to ask if HikaSerial provide
1. Automatic generated codes ONLY
OR
2. I can pre-made serial numbers before someone but my software.

As I have some online licensing API from here: wyday.com/ and those keys (serial numbers) I can manage, BUT the question is if hikaserial will generate automatic serial to customer after purchase HOW could i edit that serial before HE (the customer) enter the license in Software he just purchased.

Thansk for any help/
PS: Do I need also Hikashop plugin (Free or Starter) to hikaserila works OR could It work alone for selling on my website?
Thanks so muchh

PS: PS: Why stupid hika version and all NOT needed fields are required before post a forum qiestion? IT IS SLOWING me down and i just really not reporting issue but askingsome help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #165719

Hi,

HikaSerial support both modes (dynamic generation and pickup in database).
If there are some available serials in the serial pack (in the database), the serial will be use.
If here is no available serial, the generator will be used to create the serials.

If you want to generate a serial depending another value (that the user will enter), the best is to have your own generator and use an HikaShop item custom field.
At this moment the customer will enter his specific data while buying the product and this value will be use by the generator to create the serial.

HikaSerial is not a standalone component, it is an add-on which requires HikaShop (starter, essential or business) to work.

PS : This forum is mostly a support forum, the submission system is new, we will improve it thanks to the feedback.
All fields are not required, you mostly need to select the component and the section and the "next" button will allow you to post your message.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #165723

Hi thx for fast reply, i check your demo and was going in backend admin, and i found that i can create exemple 100 serials before any order is made, IF it is the case i am interested.
Like this i generate my licesne key in wyday.com/ and then put in hika serials, so if 1. customer will download software he get one pre-made serial and then next customer will have another, so I DONT want the same serial will be used more then 1 time per sell.
IT IS POSSIBLE?
PS: If so, Can I have some discount for HikaBusiness + Hika Serial?
As i found your affiliate system cool so i would be interested for this purchase. thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #165735

Hi,

You can import serials in HikaSerial using the "import" feature.
It will create your serials in the database and so, they will be use by HikaSerial.

A serial can be assign only one single time, so except that you imported the same code twice, a user will be the only user who will have the serial (code).

We don't have discount for HikaShop Business + HikaSerial but yes, we have an affiliation program.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds