Can't to get email notification of Serials working

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74050

Hi,
I am using Hikashop Business with Hikaserial (latest versions of both). I have successfully setup a series of gift vouchers using your guides in the Forum with Packs, Coupon Generators, etc. I can place orders for these and proceed to checkout - I am using Bank Transfer as a payment method. I receive the usual confirmation of order by email, without serial Nos., which is fine as the order is not confirmed. I have the Assignable Order Status field filled with 'Confirmed'.

When I mark the order confirmed in the Hikashop backend I can send out the confirmation email but again this does not contain any serial data - however I can see the serial data in the front end in the User's Orders list, so the serials are being generated and linked with the orders. I have looked through all the threads, tried first marking the order as shipped, then sending the confirmed email, all without success. I just can't work out how to send the voucher code details to the customer automatically when payment is confirmed.

A second question - is it possible to create and send a customized gift certificate by email as an attachment - including the serial data into fields in this automatically? If so can you please give a guide.

Thanks

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #74053

Hi,

Did you customized your email ?

As explained in some other thread, the notification email call a trigger that HikaSerial would use to display serials.

<?php
JPluginHelper::importPlugin('hikashop');
$dispatcher =& JDispatcher::getInstance();
$dispatcher->trigger('onAfterOrderProductsListingDisplay', array(&$data->cart, 'email_notification_html'));
?>

HikaShop calls some triggers when it sending an email (onBeforeMailPrepare and onBeforeMailSend). It is possible thanks to a plugin to catch this event and modify the email content (by adding an attachment).
onBeforeMailSend have two arguments, the first one is the hikashop mail object, the second is the Joomla mailer object.
You can use the function
$mailer->AddAttachment($filename);
To attach a file to the email.
The $mail object contains some values like subject, dst_email... And $mail->data.
During order notifications emails, data is the hikashop order object.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74055

Hi Jerome,

The emails are not customized and that trigger is present in both the initial ordfer confirmation and in the status update emails.

Regards

Chris

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74247

Okay - I got this working now but only if I first mark the order shipped, then go back to Confirmed and send email. Would be better if it could be simply triggered from the backend when marking an order confirmed.

11 years 5 months ago #74250

Hi Chris,

I have planned to integrate a feature in HikaShop which would allow to send a notification email without changing the status.
So, you would be able to change the order status (to confirmed) without sending the notification and you could use a button "notification email" after that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74313

Hi Jerome,

I have one further problem - now I can create serials, sell gift vouchers (each linked to a fixed amount coupon), and notify the customer with their serial number on confirmed status - but when trying to spend the coupon it does not work in checkout, entering the serial number into the coupon box just triggers an error message "The coupon you entered is not valid".

I guess I have something set up wrong but, in the absence of clear instructions on how to set up this function, I cant work out what - I have tried all sorts of combinations of settings but still get the same error.

Please can you clarify for me.

Thanks

Chris

11 years 5 months ago #74314

Hi,

Here the documentation of the coupon generator plugin.
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/139-hikaser...-coupongen-form.html

This plugin create serials and an HikaShop coupon too.
The "Discount coupon id" is the identifier of your coupon which would be used as template. It means that the coupon would be duplicate and a little bit modified.
You can read the ID in the Discount listing page, in the "id" column (the last one).

Please verify that some coupons have been inserted by HikaSerial in the HikaShop discount list.
The coupon code should be the HikaSerial serials.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74316

Where do I check that coupons have been inserted by Hikaserial in the Hikashop discount list? I can see the templates I created in Hikashop Discounts. I can also see the list of serials created in Hikaserial - should I be looking somewhere else?

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74318

I can't find any extra modified coupons in Hikashop.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74320

I just rechecked everything and I see I did not enter the coupon ID correctly in the generator - will fix this and let you know if it works - I guess it will.

• Hikashop Business
11 years 5 months ago #74326

Hi Jerome - the incorrect entries in the ID field were the cause of the issues I had. It now works. Thanks for the help and your patience.

I have two more questions:

1. Must a Gift Voucher / coupon be used in full in one transaction or, if the full value is not used, can the coupon value be decreased and the balance be carried over to a subsequent transaction? At present I have the coupon set for one use, as setting it to more makes the full coupon value available each time. In the case that someone is given a large value gift voucher, it would be good if they could choose to spend it in several smaller transactions.

2. Currently, if no validity period is set, the generated serial is valid for one month from time of issue - is there any way of changing the default to one year?

Thanks

Chris

11 years 5 months ago #74336

Hi Chris,

1. HikaShop coupon must be use in one transaction.
About using reduction in several times, I can recommend you AlphaUserPoints.
(And it could be possible to implement a "consume" plugin which would gives points in AUP).

2. I will put this feature in me HikaSerial TODO list.
A new option would be added to the "coupon generator" in order to specify a new validity period (in days, months or years).
So, each time HikaSerial would duplicate the coupon, it would set the validity period.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds