Gift Certificate to be sent to the end user

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 5 months ago #76288

Hi,
we have Hikashop Essencial and HikaSerial. We are wanting to setup a Gift Certificate where by a customer would buy a certificate/coupon for someone else and enter the receiver/enduser's email address and the system would send the Serial/Coupon code to the receiver/enduser as well as to the client/buyer
I thought as a work around to create a product that would be specific to the GiftCertificate and only for this product change the Text fields of the checkout for the buyer to enter the enduser's details. the problem is that their details are needed for payment.
Is what I'm asking possible and Would you have any suggestion as to set it up?

I have seen posts about setting up the emailing of the coupon but they were for emailing it to the buyer.
I havent managed to set this up as yet...

thank you in advance.

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by duponsa. Reason: sent to early....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 5 months ago #76385

Hi,

HikaSerial does not send email directly, it use HikaShop emails to include his content.
Such solution could be implemented using a custom hikashop plugin (and custom fields).

The plugin would be trigger on order confirmation (when the order would be paid).
It would read the order custom fields to retrieve the receiver email, generate an email for this people and include HikaSerial data (by calling the same trigger than in HikaShop emails).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 3 months ago #85979

If I setup gift certificate for my products and as buyer want to send coupon code to receiver/end user how would I do that?

11 years 3 months ago #85983

Hi,

How do you want to send the coupon code ?
HikaSerial already put the serial data into HikaShop emails.

In latest version of HikaSerial (1.6.0) a new plugin as been added. This plugin allow to generate images which would be added in the email as attachment (AttachSerial).
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/152-hikaser...tachserial-form.html

Otherwise, HikaSerial put his content under the product list in the confirmation email. When the order is confirmed, serials are generated and display in the email. If there is no email (or the order is not valid for displaying the serials), HikaSerial does not add his content.
You can modify the HikaSerial email content thanks to the views.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 3 months ago #86062

I installed the latest version. My attach serial plugin does not appear the same as yours. See screenshot.

I want the end user/recipient to get the coupon code in an email.

Do I make a menu for gift certificates to buy or do I just assign the product to the

pack and then there is a gift certificate link to purchase it? Sorry, but this is a complicated gift card process.

What is webservice access? There is no documentation for this.

Attachments:

11 years 3 months ago #86065

Hi,

You should access to the plugin option thanks to HikaSerial menu.
(menu) HikaSerial | System > (submenu) Plugins. Then "Attach Serials Plugin".

You do not require the webservice access. It's an advance feature for software licences systems.
You should create:
- a "coupon generator" configuration (in "HikaSerial > Plugins")
- a pack for your gift certificates with your coupon generator configuration.
- assign the pack to your hikashop products.

Then, every time a customer would buy the products where pack are assigned, a serial would be generated thanks the coupon generator and attached to the order (when the status of the order would be confirmed).
The email would contains the serials and if you have configured "Attache Serial plugin" the attachments would be added.

Finally, your customers won't have to do something special. Just buy a product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

11 years 3 months ago #86126

So when I buy the coupon for my friend. How do I send it to them to let them know about the coupon code?

I created what you mentioned. So how do I buy this coupon now that it's attached to my product?

Plus when I add this product to the pack, it changes my product quantity to unlimited. Why?

11 years 3 months ago #86131

Hi,

You should have the option which link the product quantity ( www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/111-hikaser...ink_product_quantity )
A pack with a generator is considered as having an unlimited stock (because it could generates as serial as it wants).

About the coupon generator, the documentation explain how configure the plugin and create a coupon template: www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/139-hikaser...-coupongen-form.html
When a product have a HikaSerial pack with a generator. You just have to make an order with the product and set the order to "confirmed".
At this moment, a coupon would be generated by HikaSerial and attached to the order as serial.
You can see serials in the HikaSerial backend or directly in the HikaShop order (at the bottom of the order products).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds