Use custom 'redeem serial' page to get product?

• Thank you received: 7
11 years 1 month ago #92065

Hi,

I've just purchased Hikaserial and am trying to set it up for a specific usage.

Here is how I want it to work. I create several hundred serial keys and provide them to a 3rd-party website. The 3rd-party website sells one of our products but just delivers one of the keys to the customer. The customer then inputs the key on our site and is given the download link directly from us. This is done so that the 3rd-party website does not need to host any product downloads themselves. They just sell and provide the serial.

It does seem possible to do this with generated coupon codes, but the customer flow isn't what I want. ie. Customers would need to add the same product to their cart on our site, go to checkout, and then enter their discount code. Our 3rd-party partner fears that is too complicated a process - as customer may double-purchase or whatever by accident.

What I want to do is have a weblink on my site that allows the user to input the serial directly, and then the product is added to their account without the whole formal 'checkout' process. Is this possible? Here are some examples of how other sites do this:
www.askvideo.com/redeem/
www.groove3.com/str/redeem_code.php
www.reasoncourses.com/reasoncourses-activate.asp

Can you please assist me in getting this done with Hikaserial?

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by jeremynsl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 1 month ago #92067

Hi,

With HikaSerial we have the "consume" feature.
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/138-hikaserial-consume.html
We have implemented one "consume" plugin which could be use as example. The plugin would change the group of the logged user when he would use the serial.
A "consumable" serial could just be use one time and with a little plugin you can do whatever you want.
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/125-hikaser...html#consumer_plugin

I think that you can associate a pack with a url (in a plugin) and force a file download when a user would use the dedicated serial.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 weeks ago #92806

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the reply. I figured I'd probably have to use the consume feature somehow.

But I'm a bit lost here. Are you saying I'd need to create a new plugin to accomplish this?

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 weeks ago #93100

Hi,

Yes a specific plugin would be required.
The "consuming" feature allow you to create serial with a special status and to trigger an event when the serial is trying to be consumed.

Your specific plugin would have to receive this trigger (like the "group association consuming" plugin, which is more an example) and do your specific action: allow the user to access to a specific section.
You could use something in the user session or you could use the "group association" plugin which would put the user to a specific group and so, allow him to access to some sections in the website.
Or your specific plugin could just send the file just after the serial consumption.

It would depend on how you want to implement the "redeem" feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 1 week ago #94634

Hey Jerome,

I'm afraid the creation of a plugin like this is far beyond me. This is why I bought Hikaserial - I thought that was part of its purpose! This is extremely disappointing.

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 1 week ago #94678

Hi,

The issue is that there is an infinite number of possibilities on how to handle a consume of serial. We can't provide by default a solution for all the cases. So we provide a generic method for which small plugins can easily be built to do whatever action needs to be done.
No where do we mention that you can assign users to user groups when you consume serials in HikaSerial. But you can have a developer do that for you as a small development project.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds