2 easy how to

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 months ago #131656

Hi, I purchased serials; there is not so much to configure. I have two simple tasks, but the tutorial even it is short and clear, does not point it out. I have understood how it works, but not how to configure it fast and correct, without spending days for testing on environments, that maybe are not possible to use in this case.

1. I have 100 downloads. I want to sell a voucher with 10 serials-codes. Each code ist 1 time valid for 1 download.
Istn´t it possible to explain easy step by step how to do that? I think, this ist the most wanted feature (beside some skonto).

2. I want to sell a second voucher with an fixed amout of € 10. For this you can download (10 downloads) or buy a cheaper voucher vor downloads or buy something else. (This is not so basic; maybe serials cannot provide this)

Please understand that I ask you, because I really need an simple and clear instruction. I already tried to understand what you provide yet.
Best Regards, Dan

(I use the free hika shop but we will buy the essential; maybe thats an difference)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 4 months ago #131763

Hi,

If you set the quantity to 10 in the product configuration for the HikaSerial packs, it will generate 10 serials when a user buy the product.
But if you want to create a voucher image, the plugin "attach serial" will create you 10 voucher tickets for each serials.

Basically, we don't have a "download" plugin for HikaSerial, so you can't use directly the serial as a download code.
But you can (two different solutions):
- use the coupon generator in order to create a discount for another HikaShop product.
- use the "product add" plugin to use a serial has a way to add a hidden product in the cart.

Thanks to it you can buy (for free) an HikaShop product which will contain a downloadable file (with the number of download you want).
So you can have a product with a limitation of 1, an another with a limitation of 10 (or 10 files, I don't know exactly what you want to do).

If you generate an HikaShop discount code, so you can use it to have a discount for another things. So buy other products.

Basically, HikaSerial generate serials but depending the generator you use, you will have different features.
The "consume" plugins allow you to create new features and new ways to use these serials.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 months ago #131907

Hi, sorry that you answer did not help and I did not understand what you tell me :( .

I changed my mind and try to figure out to do it this way:

1. I created a pack and a voucher with the Coupon Code.
2. I found, the Discount would be in the Hika shop. I assined € 1,50 as flat discount
3. So my customer can buy "1 voucher" for € 10,-- with 10 codes. Each code = € 1,50 (price of 1 download).
4. That works. The serials get generated (status used) - I can buy one Download Price 1,50 with one serial.
Question 1:
I could not test it live; so does your answer mean, if the customer purchases 10 Serials he will get one email with 10 Vouchers (thats ok), or 10 emails with 1 voucher in it (thats not ok)?

Maybe I am missing something: If the customer now chooses 1 Download and pays with the serial, the screen says "Thank you for your order" - and nothing else.

Question 2:
I could not test this, is it right he gets the download link by mail? Or is it common, that he has to go to his account-history, open the file and download it there?

What I am missing is: I could use each serial more then one time.

Question 3:
Is this a payed plugin for Hika Shop? Which one do I need? Or am I doing something wrong?

and Question 4:
What is the use for the serial module?

Best regards. Dan

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 4 months ago #132113

Hi,

1. Your custom will receive one email with 10 vouchers.
You can have a preview of the email in the HikaShop backend, while editing/viewing an order you can click on "email" to send an email and see the content before sending it.
I was talking about the plugin "attach serial" which allow you to create images in your emails. It is often use to create vouchers that user can print or share. At this moment you will have one image per code. But all images will be attached in the same email.

2. In the emails you will have the download link if their is some downloadable files.
While editing/seeing the order in the HikaShop backend, you can see the links directly in the order product listing. In the preview email you can also see the links.

3. What is a payed plugin for HikaShop ? Which one do you need what ?
I am sorry but you didn't put any context so I don't know of what you are talking about.

4. Serials have different statuses as explained in the documentation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...html#serial-statuses

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds