Pre-Sale Questions

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 11 months ago #201569

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39

I've been through the documentation and online demo and haven't been able to determine if HikaSerial will work for our needs or not.

We have some software products that can be issued serial numbers automatically and others that cannot. For software upgrades, we must manually verify that the customer is eligible for the upgrade. If so, we then assign them a serial number as we process their order. Does HikaSerial support that? If not, can we at least assign serial numbers when we process any of the software orders (upgrades or not)?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #201578

Hi,

Thanks to the feature introduced in HikaSerial 1.9.0 it is possible to assign a serial or a pack to an order.
The original goal was more to do so when an order is created but it's possible to perform the assignation any time.

It is a good idea of improvement in HikaSerial ; to let admin to assign a serial or a pack to an existing order.
It could be also that you can add thanks to a custom plugin.

So the idea is to assign a pack with the products which generates a serial and for the products which need a manual validation, you would authorize (assign the pack) directly in the order when needed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 5
8 years 11 months ago #201583

I'm a bit confused by your response. You first indicate that it is possible, then indicate that HikaSerial would need to be improved to do that. So, can HikaSerial, as it exists right now, allow admins to assign a serial number after the customer places the order?

As for serial number generation, we have our own generator, so we do not need that feature from HikaSerial.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #201592

Hi,

It is possible thanks to a custom plugin or to an improvement of HikaSerial.
Without the feature introduced in HikaSerial 1.9.0 ; it wouldn't possible to do an assignation of a serial (or a pack) directly to an order ; before that the only way to give a serial to a customer was to use a product.
But that feature is still young and there is no a lot of plugin which use that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds