Multiple plans per product with HikaMarket

• Thank you received: 13
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #296070

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.0
-- HikaSerial version -- : 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.31

The site has HIkaShop, HikaMarket, and HikaSerial Subscriptions installed. The test product has two prices - one for 'normal' users and one for 'dealers'. These prices are set using Joomla access groups.

We have set up two subscription plans. One for normal users and one for dealers and set the groups accordingly to match those set for pricing in the product.

When a dealer is logged into the site and orders the product, they received the dealer price. But two subscriptions are generated. One consumer subscription and one dealer subscription.

How is the best way to define subscription plans such that a dealer only gets a dealer subscription and non-dealers only get non-dealer subscriptions?

Thanks

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com
Websites that Work, Marketing that Matters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296073

Hi,

I think it would be best to configure two different product, one for each user group using the "access level" setting of the products.
That way, each user will only see their product, and in each product, you'll only have one subscription so no "two subscriptions are generated" case possible.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #296082

I thought that might be the better solution. But I wanted to see if you had any experience with the two-subscription-plans-per-product situation. I believe we can easily implement the two product solution. The client had already set up the one product so I wanted to explore that before recommending the change.

Thanks Nicolas for the quick response.

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #296092

Hi,

Jerome is in holidays this week and he is the one who coded HikaSubscriptions and knows all its ins and outs.
I'm just trying to provide a quick solution, but to be able to answer as to whether it is possible to have two subscription plans with different access levels in the same product, I don't know if it's supposed to be possible and there is a bug or if it's not meant to be for some reason I don't know either.
It will be best to wait for Jerome's return to confirm on that.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 7 months ago #296273

Hello,

The subscription is related to the product and the product only. Price is another information which has no link with HikaSerial and its subscriptions.
So, you can have one product with thousand of products ; the subscription will be always related to the product only.
Price does not matter in HikaSerial and regarding the recurring ; it use the "current" price of the product to determine the amount which will be paid for the renewals.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #296345

If I understand correctly then, adding two subscription plans to one product is not intended unless you ALWAYS want both subscriptions generated? The access rights of the plans are not considered when a subscription is generated for an order? Is that correct?

The scenario is that there are retail users and dealers. Dealers get a special product price AND would have a different subscription price (which is basically bundled with the product price, so it IS the product price). If a retail customer purchases a product, the system current generates both a retail subscription AND a dealer subscription even though the retail customer user has no rights to the dealer subscription plan.

Thanks,

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com

5 years 7 months ago #296346

Hello,

Regarding HikaSubscription, the price is irrelevant.
Only the product count : You associate the "plan" with the "product".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
5 years 7 months ago #296376

Thanks Jerome, but yes, I realize it has nothing to do with the price. The only reason I mentioned the price is that HikaShop applies the price based on the user access. This is not at all about the price. It is all about user access. It appears to me that HikaSerial Subscriptions was not designed to attach multiple subscriptions to one product IF the intention was that the subscriptions would be differentially applied based on the user's access rights.

I've already decided that I'm going to have to set this up as a retail product and a dealer product. That will allow me to attach the retail subscription to the retail product and the dealer subscription to the dealer product. At least the HikaShop products honor the Joomla access controls even though the subscription generation process does not. So I have a solution.

My reason for continuing this topic is to ensure there is no better solution than to use separate products. And to suggest that the subscription generation process needs to be upgraded to handle the Joomla access permissions which currently appears to not be the case.

Thanks,

3by400, Inc.
3by400.com

5 years 7 months ago #296399

Hello,

I don't understand what you're talking about nor what you want to achieve.
Please clarify and try to make it as short as possible to avoid all possible misunderstanding.

You can attach all the plans you want to one product.
HikaSubscription will just apply the rules when the product is bought. Nothing less, nothing more !
I really don't understand what is your story with prices and ACL.. You can to sell a subscription to someone, that subscription is a "plan" and I don't see why you want to complicate things and not use one plan.. Even if they won't pay the same price, they will have the same subscription, right ?!

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds