• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 8 months ago #343247

-- url of the page with the problem -- : still localy developping
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1 [2207041030]
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox developer 103.0b7 (64-bits)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi team,

As I asked in my pre-buy question I need to export qr-codes for external use on hard-copy tickets to be printed for festival entrance along with the etickets. No I am testing hikaserial and setup a test with the help of the tutorials on this site. I have created a few orders with a serial in it, for testing. All I see for now in the back-end are the 12serial long numbered serials, and yes if all is setup fine I am sure I get the qrcode on the ticket also... (still a long way to go for me I guess ;) )

But what I cant seem to find is how do I create , lets say 500, Qr codes in the back-end witch I can export for external printing of the hard-copy tickets. For now I just seem to export the numeric codes I have generated through my test orders.

Hope this makes sense to you all??

Greetz

Appie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 8 months ago #343254

Hello,

A QRCode is a data encoded with a special algorithm.
Exporting QRCode is exporting images. The HkaSerial export system allows to export raw data in CSV and XLS files (as explained in your pre-buy thread).

The big question is : what do you want to export exactly ?
In the "e-ticket" tutorial, the documentation explain how to configure the "attach serial" plugin to get an image which includes a QRCode ; that code is an URL that can be open just by "authorized" people (who will scan the tickets).
Encoding just the serial data in the QRCode will result of scanning the code and getting the serial content, not trying to "consume" it as a one-time ticket.

I hope my explanations are clear enough.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 8 months ago #343277

Jerome wrote:
The big question is : what do you want to export exactly ?

I want to export the images so I can use them for printing on the hardcopy tickets. and thus the tickets would be scan-able at entrance. So lets say generate 500 tickets in the back-end (automatically?) and export hose images to print on hardcopy tickets.
Maybe this is not possible then I can return to barcode's maybe..

Jerome wrote: In the "e-ticket" tutorial, the documentation explain how to configure the "attach serial" plugin to get an image which includes a QRCode ; that code is an URL that can be open just by "authorized" people (who will scan the tickets).
Encoding just the serial data in the QRCode will result of scanning the code and getting the serial content, not trying to "consume" it as a one-time ticket.

I am trying to get this done on my testsite but sadly I don't get it to work, if I see it correctly the howto is somewhat outdated...?
I managed to get the generator up and running with a pack. but cant get a single ticked send out to me by mail? The order is created with a serial, in the backend I can see it, but nothing to download? I also don't get any confirmation when I set order to confirmed / shipped

For now this is way more complicated than I thought it would be..

Thanks,

Appie

• Thank you received: 4004
1 year 8 months ago #343282

Hello,

You can export existing data, something which is stored in your database.
But the image generated by the plugin "attach serial" (or "pdf serial") are dynamically created when an order notification email is sent or when a special product file is downloaded.

You can read more about the "attach email" and "attach download" settings in the documentation (we added a new section for the download part)
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ns-attachserial.html

As I was trying to explain in my previous message ; you can generate 500 serials but you can only export then as CSV or XLS.
Generating 500 images and downloading these 500 images is a total different process than exporting data from your database.
The "attach serial" and "pdf serial" plugin can generate their image/pdf thanks to a order+serial context.
If you really want to go that way, it would require a specific and custom development to perform the different actions and generate the data, somewhere in your website, to be able to download it all.
But I do think it would be easier (if you're going into custom development), to have some code which will generate a PDF with all your serials in the format you want (a QRCode encoded with the rest of the data, as I was trying to explain you in my previous message).

For your tests, I recommend to use the "attach as download" setting and configure your HikaShop product with that special URL file.
Once you had that part working, you could investigate on the HikaShop order notification issue (HikaShop has settings for that, the support team would be able to help you).
But the most common issue with emails and HikaSerial is to NOT modifying an order via the HikaShop backend order listing since the popup windows override the email notification and HikaSerial can't add its content when the order is not yet confirmed.

HikaSerial is an add-on like a "toolbox", it provides a special generating feature and various plugins to perform various actions.
Selling coupons, ebooks, virtual points, software licences, codes, lottery tickets, e-tickets...
We understand that the configuration is special (likely unique) for each customer need and that it does not have all the very advanced features for all cases.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnslaughtUK

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 8 months ago #343516

Thanks for the update going to test a lot more I guess for now..

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds