Download free product after ordering

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #51166

Hi Nicolas,

This thread describes the functionality I require. However, the thread seems to have stopped 3 weeks ago!

Please could you confirm if, or not, these modifications work?

If they do, I will possibly purchase HikaShop. If they do not, I won't!

Best regards,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #51195

John,

I tried it on a fresh install and sadly couldn't archieve the needed functionality.

I hope the next official realease will arrive shortly, as Nicholas said.

Rgds

11 years 11 months ago #51216

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for letting me know. I was so disappointed to find this thread, because I had assumed that the "sale of free downloads" would work in the obvious way. Now, I'm very undecided - Hikashop is the closest to what I want, but this problem makes it pretty well unusable. Pity.

So, do I buy it and assume that the functionality will arrive within a few days? Probably not - the fact that Hikashop aren't taking part in this conversation seems to suggest that, to them, this is not a high priority.

Best regards,

John

11 years 11 months ago #51230

John,
I just said *I* didn't manage to get it working. Sadly they couldn't provide paid assistance to get it run, and 3rd party people weren't too interested either. I purchased Hika a while back, but am now looking for a simpler and working solution to suit my needs (which are quite basic - free and paid products, no registration, only name and email)

Regards,
Torsten

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 11 months ago #51330

That is working fine on our end.
The modifications will be included in next version of HikaShop, which is due for next week.

If you still have a problem with it after you update next week, please provide a back end access to your website and we'll look at the problem on your website.

If you bought HikaShop and want a pre version of next version, please use our contact form to request it and we'll provide you an install package.

11 years 11 months ago #51515

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks very much for your input. I will certainly request a pre-version of the update - I have purchased the business version.

Best regards,

John

11 years 11 months ago #51728

Hi Nicolas,

I tried the pre-release which you sent me, but sadly there is still no link for the download in the email sent to the customer -
the purchase (free) is properly flagged as paid.
Any idea where to switch that behaviour, so the DL link is immediately sent ?
Also, when users are not forced to register, the invoice ID in the email is still a link which will ask for login (whereas this doesnt exist, as user wasnt registered)

Many thanks,
Torsten

11 years 11 months ago #51803

If you want to have downloads, you need to have users registering. Otherwise, the system wouldn't be able to check that the person paid for the file he is trying to access.

If you had edited the emails previously, you won't see the modifications as you are still using your modified email and not the new email code that we put in the new version. So make sure that you remove the customization if any via the menu System>Emails.

11 years 4 months ago #83762

I have run into the same problem.

We have the Bussiness version of Hikashop.
The plugin is active, and the order says it is confirmed, however, the client is only receiving the default order creation email.

Could you please advice?

11 years 4 months ago #83902

So, you orders are confirmed and the order creation email is sent but not the order status notification ?
If that's really the case, all I can think of is that you unpublished or modified the order status notification via the menu System->Emails, OR that you're receiving the order status notification and that you're misinterpreting it for the order creation email.
Could you check on all of that ?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds