Selling Downloads

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #66560

Again you are not answering my question.

Am I supposed to add in the CSV manually 500 or even 1500 image names?

because then that takes me about 2 days to do that and that is not the shop i was lookin for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 7 months ago #66564

I think that you do have to do it manually, however you can use excell functions to quickly create the list

If your file names increase in number sequentially then you can can put the first number in the A1 cell and then have A2 as =A1+

If the file names include a text string "DMSC123" then you can put DMSC in A1, 123 in B1 and then =A1&A2 in C1. Then have A2 = A1, B2=B1+1 and copy the cell C1 to C2 (to update the string).
Copy this down as far as you need to go and you will have a really quick file list.
You can then copy your completed filenames (C1-C1500) and "paste special" as "values" - thie removes the formulas and leaves you with just your file names - you can then delete everything else that you don't need and complete the rest of the CVS

I hope that helped

11 years 7 months ago #66606

Thanks that would help but make my photographs very expensive as it is a lot of extra work that needs to be done.

I think it would be easyer to program this feature in hikashop that if you are selling photographs:

You create a template for price, description, a.s.o (already available)
You you can upload photographs (as many as you want) by import function (already available)
You can adjust width and height of thumbnail (already available)
You can adjust width and heigt of popup (already available)
Thumbs & pop up image are saved in upload folder (already available)

You should be able to import Origianl photograph and save it in safe folder and then it should be cropped automatically (with the size specified for thumbnail and popup )and saved in upload folder. (not available - only if you do it manually with CVS)

The way it is now is ok but not if you are looking to sell your pictures at a competitive prize - especially not if you have to do it for more than 500 photographs each time. Also the automated Excel functions do not help much because before I upload images I delete a lot of them which are not goood - and at that point the file names of photos will not be DSC_100.jpg, DSC_102.jpg, DSC_103.jpg, DSC_104.jpg a.s.o they will look more like DSC_100.jpg, DSC_105.jpg, DSC_109.jpg, DSC_111.jpg meaning I would have to compare the CVS with all photos and delete half of the ones created automatically comparing the CVS file with the photo numbers... which is simply too much work.

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 7 months ago #66611

As bendraper says, it's possible to create such CSV in a few minutes with Excel auto filling. So in half an hour you should be a be able to have your images uploaded and the products created.

But I agree that it would be great in your case to be able to get that done automatically during the import from folder. That's however not the case at the moment.
It would require some development work to be able to do all that automatically like you want.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 7 months ago #66616

I agree it would be easier if Hikasop could do it automatically however there is another workaround (assuming you use windows)
create a new text document and in it type "dir>list.txt" (without the quotes) save this in the folder with your pictures as list.bat
run the list.bat file which will create you a list.txt file with a full list of all files in the directory.
Copy the entire contents of this and paste it into excel
Now select all of the data and use the "text to columns" function in the data menu to sort the data and remove the bits that you don't need, leaving you with just the filenames in a column.
You now have a full file list and the files can be called whatever you want - you can then create the CVS file from that list and you have just saved yourself 2 hours and a lot of finger cramp.

You may need to repeat the process for the thumbnails to get their file names (and you will have to create your own thumbnails, but then you get complete control of the watermark, file size, compression etc so I think it's worth it anyway)

Hope that helps

Kind regards

Ben

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

11 years 7 months ago #66718

Nicolas, read my questions carefully then you maybe realize that it is not possible to generate the names in Excel autofilling

I do delete a lot of pictures after a photo event and the files are NOT in a continuous order starting at DSC_001.jpg, DSC_002.jpg, DSC_003.jpg....

The order of my photogs will more likely be DSC_005.jpg, DSC_011.jpg - meaning all the ones in between that are not appearing in the order are deleted.

But Excel autofilling always starts at DSC_001.jpg, DSC_002.jpg, DSC_003.jpg adding 1 number to the last one and would not recognize which photos I deleted beforehand - so this means I have to compare the CVS after creating it with the image numbers I want to upload - and delete a great part of CVS as half of them in reality are deleted. (Have you ever compared a CVS file with a folder of 1000 images... seeing ok DSC_001.jpg exists on both files - DSC_002.jpg exist only in CVS file so I have to delete that one - DSC003.jpg also only exists in CVS so I have to delete it too... a.s.o simply not makeable)

Bendrapers solution would be ok if I used Windows - but I still would have to create thumbs myself a.s.o which in other programs is done automatically - have you never thought about writing a script for the case I am looking for which in Photo Selling Software is standard - image bulk upload as products saving originals in safe folder and thumbs and popups in a public folder being able to specify sizes - as 90 % is already working - maybe an idea for the future... let me know.

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by sven@simplyweb.es.

11 years 7 months ago #66982

Yes I see what you mean.

I checked the code on our end and we should be able to do that quite easily.

We'll add that to next release as I'm sure that it would help other users in your case.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sven@simplyweb.es

11 years 7 months ago #67085

Thanks Nicolas,

Any idea when that will be? Let me know and I buy the business version again - as soon as released.

I am using the free version now for another shop i am setting up and did not come across problems - great work and thanks for your time.

11 years 7 months ago #67403

It should be soon. We're preparing for Joomla 3.0 and we'll release the new version of HikaShop once HikaShop is working great on 3.0.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds