cart empty in firefox

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 8 months ago #57949

Hi,

For the address_street2 field, you should leave it unpublished and create a new field instead.

For the upload of files during the checkout, you should create a custom field of the table "order" and of the type "file". That will add it to the order automatically and you will have it everywhere.

For the issues you have with the "add to cart" I don't know what it could be. I tried on several browsers and it's not working for any of them on your website. Normally, such issues come from caching or queries errors, but you don't have any caching activated and no problem with the database. It must be something else, but I'm out of ideas.
You say that it now works on your PC. What did you do on your PC which would be different ? Are you logged in ?
If you clear your browser's cache/cookies does it still work ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #58005

Hi nicolas

thanks for the info. Im not logged in on the site with the PC but just found that when i clear my browsers cache/cookies it does not work any more.

would you be able to double check my database for queries errors?

Many Thanks

11 years 8 months ago #58015

Hi nicolas

quick update:

out of desperation i clicked AJAX to ON. when this setting was on the cart updated but then cleared itself a second or two later. Are we heading in the correct direction you think?

many Thanks

11 years 8 months ago #58021

NICHOLAS!!!!

WE HAVE IT WORKING!!!

Turned off the plugin *System - Remember Me

Works a treat!!! Also to note we have a plugin called *System - EU e-Privacy Directive when we turned this off on its own it also worked but with the two plugins activated the cart fails.

Thinking behind it was maybe they are acting as some kind of cache seeing as though they remember past website experiences. Brilliant!!!!

Thank You so much Nicholas for your patience absolute gem.

Now we can go ahead and start our business thank you!!

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 8 months ago #58102

Wow, that was a tricky one !
Thank you for your feedback on it. I4ll will probably save hours to someone else with the same problem !

It must be some kind of conflict between the EU plugin, the Remember me plugin, the cookies of the browser and the cart in the session. Maybe for example one of the plugins tries to reset the session with the ajax request where it should not be the case.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ngt13

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds