presale questions

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #179791

-- HikaMarket version -- : last version

Hello,

interested in buying Hikamarket, but have a few questions:

1. Who pays who? Does costumer pays directly to seller (vendor)? Can site owner than withdraw money from sellers using for example invoice?
2. How is shipping made? Can vendor setup his own shipping methods?
3. How is multi-buy resolved – an order that is placed between more sellers? How is shipping solved in such case?
Can buyer review seller?
4. What languages is Hikamarket translated to? Can I translate it to my language?
5. Can vendor register by himself without any confirmation from site admin? Does that aply also for adding new products?
6. How is commision (fee) set? Percentage, flat ... ?

Thank for your answers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #179795

Hi,

1. HikaMarket handle the two different modes.
You can configure HikaShop+HikaMarket to work normally, where your store will be paid directly ; but you can also configure some payment methods to let your vendors be paid directly.
It is also possible to use the plugin "paypal adaptive" in order to pay everybody in the same time thanks to the "adaptive" API.

2. Vendors can't set their own shipping methods for the moment but they can use the "shipping price per product" feature.
HikaMarket have several shipping options like "split shipping fee" (splitting the shipping price depending to their ratio in the order total) or "shipping per vendor" (creating virtual warehouses).

3-1. HikaMarket create what we call "sub sales" ; one sub sale is create for each vendor.
So they can't see the full order content and can't see the elements of the other vendors.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...t-is-hikamarket.html

3-2. Yes, HikaMarket allow customer to review sellers using the HikaShop vote/comment system.

4. The HikaMarket languages files are available in the language page.
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html
Like for HikaShop, you can translate the component in your language if not available and you can override the existing languages to feet to your requirements.

5. HikaMarket handle 4 different modes.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_register
And same thing for the products, HikaMarket handle the two possible modes.

6. HikaMarket have a very flexible fee system ; with percentage, flat, global, per vendor, per product configuration.
You can read more in our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/2...l#fees_configuration

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 5 months ago #179976

Hello Jerome,

thank you for your answers. Can I find demo version of Hikamarket somewhere?
I´d like to test those functions :
1. site admin
2. vendor
3. costumer

What about styles and templates? Does Hikamarket works with any style or template?
Also what is the reason of stars in comparision: www.hikashop.com/extensions/compare-versions.html ?

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Lukes. Reason: question added

9 years 5 months ago #179989

Hi,

The HikaShop demo website also have HikaMarket multi-vendor installed.
demo.hikashop.com/
Using the demo account, you can access to the front-end and back-end features.

HikaMarket does not have particular conflict with templates even if it could require some CSS adjustments some times.
For the stars in comparison ; I will require more details about the element you're talking about.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 5 months ago #180021

Thank you Jerome!

Where can I find some settings for seller´s shipping? Or price is everytime set when seller adding new product?
Is there any balance sheet where you can see which seller´ve paid fee from transaction and which seller haven´t?
Stars can be find here: www.hikashop.com/extensions/compare-versions.html , see the Custom fields for products in Products table. What do stars mean?

Thank you.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Lukes. Reason: stars

9 years 5 months ago #180033

Hi,

The seller's shipping are shipping methods with a filter for the vendor. You can edit them in the HkaShop backend.
For the plugin "shipping price per product", you have to activate the corresponding option in a shipping method and give the right to your vendors ; then the section "shipping price per product" will be display when editing a product in the front-end.

To fix a price for new products, it use the "product template".
In the HikaMarket configuration, the last tab allow you to manage the product templates.
You can then assign a product template to a vendor (or to everybody).
By removing the ACL "product / edit / price", your vendors won't be able to set a price and the price from the product template will be used instead.

For the stars in the compare page ; you can move your move to the label in the first column of the table.
The "Products" section is in the HikaShop part of the compare page ; so I recommend you to see directly with the HikaShop support team for more details (if the tooltip for the label is not clear enough).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 5 months ago #180213

Just to make it clear, so seller (vendor) is only able to set shipping price per product, if he gets the chance from admin. He has no option to set "split shipping fee" (splitting the shipping price depending to their ratio in the order total) or "shipping per vendor" (creating virtual warehouses). It has to be site admin, am I right?

I don´t know if I fully understand your answer about the stars, but I was only courious what do stars in compariosion table mean?

9 years 5 months ago #180226

Hi,

Yes the vendor can (for the moment) only configure a shipping price for their products.
By using that feature, the setting "shipping per vendor" and a manual shipping method, your vendors can have their hand on the shipping price.

Our plan for HikaMarket 1.6.0 is to have an interface to let the vendors configure the shipping from the front-end.
So they will be able to put their credentials for Fedex, UPS, USPS, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180579

When is version 1.6 coming out?

My issue is: when a buyer buys more products form one vendor, shipping will be multiplied and too high. Is there any solution for this?

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Lukes. Reason: question added

9 years 4 months ago #180588

Hi,

For the moment, I do not have schedule for the 1.6 release.
We just released HikaMarket 1.5.1 and I'm still working on the improvement of the documentation ; we want to be sure that the characteristic edition is working fine before starting a new big feature.
But once the current version will be right for users, we will be able to launch the new developments and the shipping edition is in our top-list in the TODO list.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180808

Hi,

thanks, I´ll post this question again, just to make sure: when a buyer buys more products form one vendor, shipping will be multiplied and too high. Is there any solution for this?

9 years 4 months ago #180818

Hi,

Why too high ?
The store can have generic shipping rules for every vendors and the vendor is not force to use the "shipping price per product".
He can also put low shipping price for the products.
So I really don't understand your question.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180837

I´ll try to explain it better:

Seller set his shipping for product A-20, for product B-20, for product C-20. If a buyer buys product A,B and C, he will pay 30 for shpiing, is that right?

Now you are right you can set low shipping. But no seller knows how many pruducts together he will ship in one order, right? So if he sets too low shipping, he can undergo on shipping. If he sets shipping normal, that it will multiply according to products.

I was basically asking how does HikaMarket works in this way and if there are some options to make rule, example: if a buyer buys till 10 products in one order, he will pay only the highest shipping of all buyed products.

For me, this seems like normal seller´s thinkink. Hope I managed to expres my question right this time.
I would really appreciate your suggestion how to work this out.

Also are there any other templates than those?:
www.hikashop.com/download/templates-for-hikashop.html

Regards.

9 years 4 months ago #180930

Hi,

Seller set his shipping for product A-20, for product B-20, for product C-20. If a buyer buys product A,B and C, he will pay 30 for shpiing, is that right?

I don't understand how you can have a shipping price "30" with products set to "20".
So no, it is not right and I don't understand how you came to this result.

Now you are right you can set low shipping. But no seller knows how many pruducts together he will ship in one order, right? So if he sets too low shipping, he can undergo on shipping. If he sets shipping normal, that it will multiply according to products.

If you configure the shipping methods correctly in the backend, you do not need to add some extra fees for specific products.

I was basically asking how does HikaMarket works in this way and if there are some options to make rule, example: if a buyer buys till 10 products in one order, he will pay only the highest shipping of all buyed products.

HikaMarket does not handle that part of the shipping and there is no option or shippint method in HikaShop which allow to pay the shipping of the "bigger" product. It will require some development if you want such specific shipping processing.

About the templates, we list in the page all template specially made for HikaShop but you can use HikaShop with a lot of other templates.
The joostrap templates are compatible with HikaShop ; they are using bootstrap 2 and HikaShop have a "bootstrap 2" design.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #180936

Hi,

I don't understand how you can have a shipping price "30" with products set to "20".
So no, it is not right and I don't understand how you came to this result.

Sorry, my bad. It should be 60, right?

I will ask my question the other way:

1. Is there a way to setup a template for sellers for shipping method I they will only edit a price?
For example, I´ll make
standard shipping: x$ till 10 kg , x$ till 20 kg, x$ till 30 kg
standard shipping with COD: x$ till 10 kg , x$ till 20 kg, x$ till 30 kg

And sellers just fill in price, without possibility to change or make a new carrier.

Maybe you have already some experiences how your customers deal with shipping - any ideas? How would you deal with shipping when shipping per product doesnt fit my project? Assuming that shipping per product works as I say above in the example.

2. This is not regarding shipping - if item is out of stock, can it disappear from the offer?

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Lukes.

9 years 4 months ago #181018

Hi,

1/ The goal of "shipping price per product" is to put a specific shipping price on a product.
The price is for a product but can evolve depending the product quantity.

2. You can create different shipping methods and separate them using warehouses.
So you can have a warehouse for "standard shipping" and another for "standard shipping with COD".
The vendor could choose in which warehouse he put the product.
Using that, the vendor won't have the need to specify a shipping price for their products ; they will just set the shipping "rule" they want to use.

3. Yes, they are settings in HikaShop for that.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tml#display_products

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #181336

Jerome wrote: Hi,

1/ The goal of "shipping price per product" is to put a specific shipping price on a product.
The price is for a product but can evolve depending the product quantity.

2. You can create different shipping methods and separate them using warehouses.
So you can have a warehouse for "standard shipping" and another for "standard shipping with COD".
The vendor could choose in which warehouse he put the product.
Using that, the vendor won't have the need to specify a shipping price for their products ; they will just set the shipping "rule" they want to use.

3. Yes, they are settings in HikaShop for that.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tml#display_products

Regards,

1. And if those are different products from same seller? Not just same product with more quantity? Where can seller set shipping options evolving depending on the product quantity.

2. I want seller to fill in his price for shipping in such a table below, is it possible?

3. One seller has three different products and shipping per products is set to: product A -20$, product B 10$, product C - 10$. He will buy all of them: product A+B+C, how much money for shipping buyer pays?

4. Can one product be put in two warehouses?

regards

9 years 4 months ago #181383

Basically what I´m looking for is that vendor is able to set their own prices for shipping. Not just per product.
So If I set for example those shipping methods for every vendor:
- fast shipping
- standard shipping
Will they be able to se their own prices fot those methods?

My problem is that per product shipping price increasing accroding to different products in order.
Or is there a rule: if there´s more products from one vendor ordered, count only the highest shipping price of all products?

And can every vendor has his own shop with logo or friendly URL? for example: www.hikashop.com/jerome

Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Lukes.

9 years 4 months ago #181386

Hi,

As I explained in my previous messages : the vendor can't configure the shipping methods for the moment.
He can set one single warehouse for a product or configure shipping prices for a product ; nothing more.

If you want special rules for your shipping, it requires the development of a custom shipping plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

9 years 4 months ago #181454

Ok, thanks. I was really confused beceause you were talking about splitting fees, warehouses, templates... and so.
That´s a pity otherwise I would buy your software. How much would costum shipping cost?

Let´ s make this option where vendor can fill in his prices and set which to use:

store pickup - free

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds