Invoice for vendor and customer

• Thank you received: 13
10 years 5 months ago #127465

Hi,

first of all I would say thanks to pprle for explain so clearly what we need too and would add something to that.
I really hope that you can find a solution in future releases to implement such way to manage incoives for:
- store to customers (if store sell goods too, not my case anyway);
- vendors to customers (goods that vendors sell);
- store to vendors for the fees the store earn from vendors.

All those invoices should work with pro-forma invoice system to prevent "holes" in real invoices numeration. Pro-forma invoices can have the same order number for example meanwhile the real invoice must have always a sequential without holes, so the real invoice number must be assigned only when the invoice is really payed.

I would like to mention the problem related to the sequential numbering without "holes" for each of these types of invoices.
So, the store will have its own unique set of sequential invoicing without gaps ( 1,2,3,4 ....) for invoices that may generate for products that eventually sells the store directly.
The same thing should be for each individual vendor who must be able to manage its invoices as described by pplre in his post but always in such a way that the invoices have a sequence without gaps ( 1,2,3,4 ... ) independent of the other sequences of other vendors or the store or the number of orders.
And finally, the invoices that the store gives to vendors who pay the commission to the store, even in this case, the store must issue a sequence of invoices for vendors without gaps ( 1,2,3,4 ... ).

All those invoices sequences must restart from 1 every new year for Italy, Spain, etc...

In this way, there should be 3 different types of invoices as described above:

- Store to customers ( if store sell goods, not my case): the invoice should report Store address as Vendor with Store VAT number etc...;
- Vendors to customers: the invoice should report Vendor address as Vendor with Vendor VAT number etc...;
- Store to vendors ( for the commissions on sales ): the invoice should report Store address as Vendor with Store VAT number etc... .
Both footer with legal notes, payment methods, etc...

I would also like to point out that at the moment the invoice management system is very uncomfortable. I would like to suggest a new menu item with certain subheadings to easily manage these 3 different sets of invoices :

Menu voice "Invoices"
| _ Invoices from Store to customers
| _ Incoices from Vendors to customers ( here a filter could let me choose the vendor )
| _ Invoices from Store to Vendors

This way it would be easy for me to find all the invoices I need . In my case for example I just need to manage " Invoices from Store to Vendors " , at the moment it's very hard to find them because i must go into orders and find them and it is difficult to trace them among many orders, then I have to open the order and click on the invoice ...

It would be easier to manage invoices with a menu ( and submenu) apart and also here you can set which invoices have been paid and which are not so you can have a pro-forma invoice ( unpaid ) and an invoice ( paid ) . In this case the numbering must be sequential and without holes only for invoices paid !

Also, in "commissions mode" when I "pay " the Vendor and invoice is generated at moment in that invoice is not reported any VAT tax, why? Should I configure something ? The Problem Is That the total amouth seems correct (commission + VAT) but the invoice show me only the total ( commission + VAT) and does not specify any single item ( commission , VAT tax, total) .
If that's related to something that I should edit in the views files for example ... does not matter , I cannot actually work with invoicing system , it's unusable. At least could be a little help for me to manually generate invoices to copy values from that "invoice"...

I will wait and hope that you can develope those features in next releases. At moment my only solution is to manually generate invoices and vendors must do the same.

Last thing, I saw that in the payment page of PayPal Sandbox when I use PayPal Adaptive (parallel mode) is reported that the cost split between the commission and the amount for the Vendor: is there a way to show only the total price he pays to the vendor? I don't want to show the commission. Any way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 5 months ago #127559

Hi,

I guess I already said it but, more text there is in a message, less I can understand it.
The counterexample is when the message is structured in some parts, with some titles or separators. Like pprle did for this explanation.

I tried to read and understand but I just can't.. It's too much for my brain.
Or I have to spend a lot of time to rewrite it all, organized it in parts, rewrite phrases, make some page layout, create titles, put in bold the important parts.

But there is too much support messages in the forum which are waiting for an answer and we are currently too few in the support team.

Can you write a structured message so I will be able to understand it correctly ?

Thanks

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 5 months ago #127573

Ok, sorry. I try to rewrite it. Thanks

10 years 5 months ago #127575

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 5 months ago #127579

DIFFERENT KIND OF INVOICES
1) invoices generated from store to customers (if store sell goods too, not my case anyway);
2) invoices generated from vendors to customers (for goods that vendors sell to customers using my store);
3) invoices generated from store to vendors for the fees the store earn from vendors.

PRO-FORMA INVOICES
Pro-forma invoice = not payed yet
Invoice = payed
Using a pro-forma invoice system is necessary to prevent "holes" in invoices numeration. Pro-forma invoices could have the same number of the Orders for example, meanwhile the payed invoice must have always a sequential numeration without holes, so the invoice number must be assigned only when the invoice is really payed.

Example for different kind of invoices and pro-forma invoices and invoice

CASE 1 - INVOICES AND PRO-FORMA INVOICES FROM STORE TO CUSTOMERS (store sell goods, not my case)
Customer 1 -> buy from Store -> order created (not payed yet) -> pro-forma-invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 2 -> buy from Store -> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 3 -> buy from Store -> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00002 is generated
Customer 1 -> pay the pro-forma invoice -> invoice 00003 is generated

Customers can find those invoices in User panel. Store should find those invoices in back-end (would be nice if a new menu voice for invoices will be created as described later in this post)

CASE 2 - INVOICES AND PRO-FORMA INVOICES FROM VENDORS TO CUSTOMERS (invoice number as described by pprle but always sequential without "holes")
Customer 1 -> buy from Vendor 1-> order created (not payed yet) -> pro-forma-invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 2 -> buy from Vendor 1-> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 3 -> buy from Vendor 1-> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00002 is generated
Customer 1 -> pay the pro-forma invoice for Vendor 1 -> invoice 00003 is generated

Customer 1 -> buy from Vendor 2-> order created (not payed yet) -> pro-forma-invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 2 -> buy from Vendor 2-> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00001 is generated
Customer 3 -> buy from Vendor 2-> order confirmed (payed ) -> invoice 00002 is generated
Customer 1 -> pay the pro-forma invoice for Vendor 2 -> invoice 00003 is generated

Every Vendor has got his own numeration without holes that restarts every new year from 1 in my case.

Customers can find those invoices in User panel. Store should find those invoices in back-end (would be nice if a new menu voice for invoices will be created as described later in this post). Vendors should find those invoices in vendor panel.

CASE 3 - INVOICES AND PRO-FORMA INVOICES FROM STORE TO VENDORS (commission mode)
Vendor 1 not payed yet the commission -> pro-forma-invoice 00001 is generated
Vendor 2 payed the commission -> invoice 00001 is generated
Vendor 3 payed the commission -> invoice 00002 is generated
Vendor 1 -> pay the pro-forma invoice -> invoice 00003 is generated

Store should find those invoices in back-end (would be nice if a new menu voice for invoices will be created as described later in this post). Vendors should find those invoices in vendor panel

CASE 4 - INVOICES AND PRO-FORMA INVOICES FROM STORE TO VENDORS (fee mode)
Store -> pay Vendor 1 manually -> not payed yet -> pro-forma-invoice 00001 is generated
Store -> pay Vendor 2 with PayPal -> payed -> invoice 00001 is generated
Store -> pay Vendor 3 with PayPal -> payed -> invoice 00001 is generated
Vendor 1 -> pay the pro-forma invoice 00001 -> invoice 00003 is generated

Store should find those invoices in back-end (would be nice if a new menu voice for invoices will be created as described later in this post). Vendors should find those invoices in vendor panel

All those invoices sequences must restart from 1 every new year for Italy, Spain, etc...

SUGGESTION FOR INVOICE MENU IN BACKEND
I would also like to point out that at the moment the invoice management system is very uncomfortable. I would like to suggest a new menu item with certain subheadings to easily manage these 3 different sets of invoices :

Menu voice "Invoices"
| _ Invoices from Store to customers
| _ Incoices from Vendors to customers ( here a filter could let me choose the vendor )
| _ Invoices from Store to Vendors

It would be easier to manage invoices with a menu (and submenu) apart and also here you can set which invoices have been paid and which are not so you can have a pro-forma invoice ( unpaid ) and an invoice ( paid ) .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, in "commissions mode", actually when I "pay " the Vendor and invoice is generated is not reported any VAT tax, why? Should I configure something ? The Problem Is That the total amouth seems correct (commission + VAT) but the invoice show me only the total ( commission + VAT) and does not specify any single item ( commission , VAT tax, total) .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last thing, I saw that in the payment page of PayPal Sandbox (I use PayPal Adaptive in parallel mode) is reported that the cost is splitted between the commission and the amount for the Vendor: is there a way to show only the total price he pays to the vendor? I don't want to show the commission. Any way?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome, pprle

10 years 5 months ago #127581

Perfect !

I will be able to convert it into algorithms :)

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: pprle

• Thank you received: 8
10 years 5 months ago #127630

Until now, just like deltafidesign, I cannot use hikamarket for my personal project, but you have fulfilled my expectations by answering questions and working on solutions.
I want to thank you Jerome !

10 years 5 months ago #128601

Hi,

I am working on some improvements for invoices in HikaMarket but I think that I will finish them for the next release.
There are a lot of things modified for this new version (which should be a minor release) and some points that I considered critical.

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html

If you look at the change log, you will see a "payment to vendor".
It looks like a tiny thing but it's a lot of modifications.

That's why I want to warn you about this release, the commission mode changed a lot.
The commission mode is not something global but something local to each payment method.
The option allow you to set a default values to your payment methods but you can override this value for each payment method.

So, you can have a payment method to pay your store (so you should pay his vendor afterwards) but you can have a payment method to pay the vendor (who should pay you afterwards).

What changed finally ?
In the database, the data is not stored as before. A payment with the "fee" mode will have a positive value (of the money you should gave him) when in "commission" mode, it will have a negative value (of the money he should gave you).

order total = vendor total + store fee
In fee mode we stored the: vendor total
In commission mode, we stored: - store fee

So in the HikaMarket installer, there is a little script which will update the HikaMarket sub-sales in order to change the "vendor total" of unpaid orders (unpaid to the vendor).

I made a lot of tests and for the most I see, I didn't have problems but I don't want to push such huge modification without explaining these modifications.
I know that the commission mode is used and I should use this database storage sooner but I didn't have the benefit of hindsight.

I planned to make the release during the week end and I won't activate the auto-updater since several days/weeks in order to be sure that the all system is working good.
If you want to update to the new version and you are using the commission mode, I will recommend you to first make the update in a development website in order to be sure that your orders are right updated.

It is the first time that an update will modify the content of a column in the database and I will prefer that will be the last time :)

Hope my explanations are clear enough.

Kind regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 years 5 months ago #128609

Glad to see all those changes.
I can tell you that, in our case, DB and structures changes are not a problem for us... 'cause still we can't use HikaMarket without those invoicing features and a correct managing of payments, it had been about one year of beta testing for us :) , but I see that HikaMarket is going in the right direction and will be the most powerfull extension!

Thank you for hearing our requests and taking your time and resources to their development!

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by deltafidesign.

• Thank you received: 8
10 years 5 months ago #128626

Jerome,

Can you please check if the links to download files are correct.
I just can't see any change after install (2x), deleted cache, updated db ??

10 years 5 months ago #128628

Hi,

The release is not yet available.
I will do it during this week end, I have to clean up the support forum before.
Nicolas is currently in the Joomla day in Australia so I have more work than usually ^^

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 4 months ago #179978

Hi, I have the same problem with invoice number in HikaShop. The pro-forma invoice is a great idea to delete the "holes" in numeration.
Does the release that you worked for exist for Hikashop?
Now I had to create all invoice manually in word....
many thanks, valentina

9 years 4 months ago #179990

Hi,

I'm sorry but this thread is talking about HikaMarket and not Hikashop.
Please use the HikaShop forum section for your HikaShop related issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 6
8 years 1 month ago #228306

deltafidesign wrote: DIFFERENT KIND OF INVOICES
1) invoices generated from store to customers (if store sell goods too, not my case anyway);
2) invoices generated from vendors to customers (for goods that vendors sell to customers using my store);
3) invoices generated from store to vendors for the fees the store earn from vendors.

Hi,

I red a lot but still can't figure it out which are the correct settings for case 3.
I need to give Invoice to Vendor about the commission (fee) and I am not able to generate such.

Our store is set to "Vendor paid directly"
Market Commissions mode is set to 20% fee
At the Vendor "Statistics" tab I see Vendor total value is correct

BUT no Vendor invoices are present and I am not able to generate such!

There are orders which status is shipped, but no Invoices generated. Shouldn't they be generated automatically or how should I generate them manually?

I see "Generate Invoice" button in Vendor page at backend, but when I press it Pay vendor page is shown with no data in it.

You mentioned some plugin here that should be configured. Is there such and which is it?

And the other thing is that each time a Vendor order is marked as payed, an Invoice, generated from store to customer is being generated. But this should not be like that. We are not part of the deal, so the one that should generate Invoice is the vendor. We don't sell in that case to the customer, but Vendor does! We need to tax him not the customer.

Regards!

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by filiar.

8 years 1 month ago #228370

So I found out the reason why I could not manage to generate Invoice.

It was because I had not set any Valid order statuses.

Now I am able to generate Vendor fee Invoice, but I still have no idea how to set vendor address data for the Invoice Recipient address.

I suppose there is a way to get that data from the Vendor address and not to fill it manually every time.

And... How to set the Invoice number format for the Vendor Invoices? It is not affected by the settings in HS->Order->Invoice Number format.

Regards!

8 years 1 month ago #228376

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Do you right have the limitation of vendors in the cart ?
When that setting is activated, HikaMarket can override the "store address" and display the current vendor address instead of the "store address" you have configured in HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 month ago #228430

Hi, Jerome.

So I set Limit vendors in cart to One vendor and... there are several things now:

1. A user is able to add several products from several (let's say 10) vendors, but on checkout he is informed that he actually can not do that and only products from one vendor are left. That way he will lose a lot of added products and a lot of time. How can I configure that he is not able to add to cart any products except from first vendor.

2. Now I may generate Invoice with the right Vendor data, but I have two invoices - One for the customer and one for the vendor. We don't need Invoice for the customer. It is the vendor that owns the goods. We have to charge him, not the customer. We only need invoices to customer when the goods are sold by shop. How could I configure that?

Regards!

8 years 1 month ago #228434

Hi,

1. That issue should not happen because there is a check when a product is added to the cart.
So I suppose that the cart already contained the products when you activated the setting.

Now, you explained earlier that your store is "vendor paid directly".
How the payment managed ?
Because if you have several vendors in the cart ; the vendor cannot be paid directly with any regular payment method.
And the "adaptive" payment methods in HikaMarket are working better in "store paid directly" mode ; they will confirmed automatically the sub orders to mark them as paid.

That's why, when you have the mode "vendor paid directly", we assume that the vendor will really be paid directly, which meant that you will have only one vendor in the cart. The single transaction to confirm the order won't be able to target several accounts...

If I take the opposite example ; how do you want to display one single store address if you have several vendors in the same time.
You have one address in the invoice ; but several vendor addresses in the other hand. For me it does not match well.

2. Please create a new thread with explanations about your configuration and what you want to do.
I got too much questions and there are too many blanks in your structuration.
More than that, you need to be clear when you talk about "invoice" ; otherwise we could have some misunderstandings in our messages.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 1 month ago #228471

Hi, Jerome

Ok we set shop to Limit vendors in cart to One and Vendor payed directly. So...

1. Let's say I have one Vendor. And Vendor sells to customer (not the shop)
2. Vendor gives customer Invoice (no matter how)
3. We charge vendor for it's sell (20% fee), so we have to generate Invoice which recipient is Vendor (not client)

Question is Why are there two invoices generated which biller is shop?
- First Invoice (Recipient: Customer)
- Second Invoice ( Recipient: Vendor)

It should be only one - from shop to biller (the second above).

And I will make new thread about checkout issue.

8 years 1 month ago #228473

Hi,

1 - Customer invoice
With the "vendor limitation" ; the customer will see the vendor address as "store address" when displaying his invoice.

2 - Store commission invoice
That order will be link to the vendor administrator and will have for "store address", the website store address.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds