Field : address_state - Not Showing Values

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #14733

marilynwheeler.com/buy-book-2/checkout

When attempting to select a default value for address_state, the dropdown values are missing on the config page and the field is gone on the checkout page. This happens when a user selects USA for country, the field disappears, and on the backend there is no dropdown values for address_state. Selecting other countries sometimes brings back the 'state' field.

I've attached a screen shoot, but you can also go to the url above to see the missing field.

using IE9 and the latest release of Chrome. Backend is Joomla 1.6

screenshot here: geekpro.com/hikashop_error.jpg

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 11 months ago #14734

Could you please download again hikashop and reinstall with the new package. We just found today a problem in the query inserting the states for UK and the USA and fixed it.

12 years 11 months ago #14744

Installed the latest package, it works !! - Thanks.

12 years 11 months ago #14759

Apparently, Ukraine has no values for state. But since it's a required field, any buyers from Ukraine would not be able to continue with registration. I haven't tried every country. But, Ukraine is not showing any values for state. I don't think they have any states, but they have regions. Only workaround would be to make the 'state' field 'not' required.

12 years 11 months ago #14760

Yes, we don't have a complete list of all the regions for all the countries on earth (even though it's already pretty complete). When there are no states for a country, even if the state field is required, you should still be able to proceed to the next step of the checkout.

12 years 11 months ago #14762

Nicolas,

I have just downloaded the latest Starter version (1.4.9) and it still has the problem with USA States not displaying properly. If I try to register a new user, the state list is there (default country is USA). If I try to add a new address to an existing customer when logged in (frontend), there is no state dropdown. As geekpro suggested, changing the country dropdown to something other than USA and back seems to produce the missing state dropdown.

Regards,
Ed

12 years 11 months ago #14767

Then that's another problem you're having. Could you give the URL of your website so that we can check out the problem ?

12 years 11 months ago #14774

Email sent with site and admin login credentials. I just noticed that geekpro is using Joomla 1.6, but the problem I'm having is with Joomla 1.5.23.

Thanks for taking a look,
Ed

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by hdracing. Reason: Added Joomla version info

12 years 11 months ago #14792

When the address popup opens, you have the javascript error below :
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'child_height' of undefined
m.window.GantrySpliceMenu.init:1
returnsmootools.js:21
(anonymous function)mootools.js:21
(anonymous function)mootools.js:50
Element.Methods.Events.fireEventmootools.js:50
srcmootools.js:59
srcmootools.js:59
returnsmootools.js:21
modal.js:272Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of undefined

That seems to be a problem linked to your template. And when you have a javascript error on the page, the state field cannot be retrieved by your browser when you change your country. Thus, the fact that it is missing.

On the popup, there is some javascript code coming from the rokbox system plugin which apparently triggers the javascript error. I tried to access your plugin manager in order to see if unpublishing the plugin would fix the problem (and I think it will) but I couldn't access it because of access restrictions:
403 - An error has occurred.
Access Denied!

12 years 11 months ago #14797

I had Admin Tools set to only allow Super Admins access to Modules which is why you got the 403 error. I have changed your account to Super Admin if you need to take another look.

I disabled the Rockbox system and content plugins, cleaned cache and tried again, but it still gets the same error. There was another error coming up which seems to be gone now, but the error you cite above is still thre.

Rockbox is used by the login popup in the template and if that was the problem I could do without the login in a popup, but it looks like that isn't what was causing the error.

Ed

12 years 11 months ago #14801

Thanks to that, I was able to access your template settings. Changing the option "menu control" to OFF solves the problem. Changing the "type" from splice menu to split menu also helps on my end.
That's again a rockettheme template bug... Nothing we can do.

12 years 11 months ago #14803

Thanks for pinning it down further. The splice menu option was one reason I chose that template so I'll have to think about whether I want to rebuild the menu structure. Is it possible to open your new address form on the page rather than in a popup? Would that solve the problem?

Ed

12 years 11 months ago #14817

It's not possible to do that.

But why not ask rockettheme's support about that bug ? They might provide a solution...

12 years 11 months ago #14866

Installing the latest version of that template seems to have fixed it.

Thanks,
Ed

(Sorry geekpro. Didn't mean to hijack your thread)

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds