multiple 'confirmed' emails. and how to email file

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #16513

Hi. First, I want to say this is such a great product. I feel pretty comfortable using hikashop and love the options available.

So, Ive made a couple of test purchases and after ive made a payment I receive 3 or 4 confirmatikn of payment emails. Not good. :)

Also, I was wondering if I could send the purchased download file as an attatchment in an emai instead of using the customer orderz page.

Thank you.

Alcides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #16515

Sorry. Make that nine 'confirmed' emails. Thats a lot. I would hope there was a way to turn it off and just send the download as an attatchment instead of a link. :)

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 11 months ago #16527

I've never heard of such problem.
4 emails are sent:
1 to the show owner and the customer when an order is created.
1 to the show owner and the customer when an order is confirmed.
When you use an online payment gateway, both happen quite close and if you're using the same email as shop owner and test customer you will get all of them, so maybe that's why you though it was sending several times the same email ?

It's possible to send the file as attachment but not via the options. You will have to change the code of the emails...So it means that you need to do the modification in PHP.

12 years 11 months ago #16541

Hi. Thats what I figured. However I have seen the same 'confirmed' excluding the paypal and 'created' messages 9 times.

As for the attatchment which php file do I edit for that? Im hoping to just do away with the creayed ans confirmed messages and just send the file via attatchmment.

Thanks again.

12 years 11 months ago #16542

By the way. I was using a different delivery email than the admin email. :)

12 years 11 months ago #16551

This is a screenshot of my email. These are total 'status changed to confirmed' messages for my customer email address for two different orders, but they kept coming. :)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 11 months ago #16565

When paypal sends a notification to HikaShop, it waits to receive a 200 HTTP request at the end of the hikashop processing. If such response is received, then that's it. If another response is received by paypal, it will requeue the notification in order to send it later on until it succeed and does that 10 times.

Since you're getting all these emails, it means that the hikashop process goes to the end but that your website still doesn't send back a 200 HTTP response to paypal. The thing to do in that case is to open the notification URL on your website to see if you have any errors. It's most likely that something else on your website is triggering an error (template, plugin, module...) on that notification page and that will help us find the culprit.
Could you give an access to your website, deactivate the IP check in the paypal plugin so that we ca see the problem ?

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds