Importing and characteristics issues

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 7 months ago #22937

Here is an example of what is occurring. We deleted products and are re-importing. Although the associated "Glove Size" characteristics are set up, it is not associating the characteristics.

174.121.38.60/~hhware/index.php?option=c...&category_pathway=64

In order to "fix" it. I have to delete the entire characteristic file (ie Glove Size) and reenter the entire list in order for it to work.

And this one...all of the characteristics aren't showing, specifically sizes 1,2,3,4,5...but they are in the characteristic file called Size.

174.121.38.60/~hhware/index.php?option=c...&category_pathway=61

I will give you backend access via private message. You actually have it.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 7 months ago #23006

There is no reason you would have to delete characteristics.

If it doesn't associate with the appropriate characteristic, it's maybe because you have tens of characteristics with the same values in them.
Why not just regroup them into one characteristic with more values ? You're importing your products information anyway, so it's not like you would need to delete all the generated variants when creating products via the interface of the back end.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 7 months ago #23199

I've been over this in another thread, that will be the case. There are reason why we have so many characteristics. There are several products with MULTIPLE characteristics...and some of them have the same variant. For instance -- Width - Reg, Slim, Wide and Lenth: Reg, Petite, Tall

The problem I am having is the characteristics are set up...and I import a file. We discovered we left some data off and deleted the products. We added the info (more enhanced product names and descriptions), re-upload and then some of the characteristics won't assign.

It's not the file, because when I delete the characteristic file (like glove size for instance) then delete the products, if I then re-set up the characteristics, then upload the file again, it works.

Therefore, it seems to me, that it doesn't matter that I have several characteristic files with similar data...something goes wrong when I have to delete products and try to upload them again. It doesn't happen with ALL The variants, just some. I'll have 5 sizes (or more) and it will associate some, but not others.

So please help me understand why this is happening. One big "size" file is not going to work. I had that ORIGINALLY and this happened and I had to delete and re-create the great big size file...and that was a huge pain.

• Thank you received: 13035
12 years 7 months ago #23222

I still think that the problem comes from the fact that you have several characteristics with identical values. Because of that, the system doesn't associate with the correct values and it fails to generate the variant.
When you delete the characteristic and recreate it, you change the order in which the characteristics are parsed by the import as the new characteristic is now the first parsed. Thus it is then able to find the correct value of the correct characteristic and it works. That's why it's working after recreating the characteristic.

I think I found the problem in the code. Please change the code:
$this->characteristics[$characteristic->characteristic_parent_id]
by:
$obj->characteristics[$characteristic->characteristic_parent_id]
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/characteristic.php (you should find three instances of that code in the loadConversionTables function ). That should solve the problem and the import should get the correct value of the correct characteristic now.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds