Virtual Item, Paid via paypal, charges postage...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #432

I have a virtual item available for download when payment is made, no shipping is set (e.g. no weight or anything is set).

I noticed that if I pay for my virtual item via check, it charges me the fee for the item ONLY. Once confirmed it is available for download in the orders section. This all works fine.

I have however noticed that if I pay for my virtual product via paypal, when I get to the payment screen in paypal, it is trying to charge me postage..?

I only have one postage fee set up which is for another item I am selling, which does need to be posted.

My settings for the virtual product regarding postage are all 0 as obviously it doesn't need to be posted.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
13 years 6 months ago #433

Did you try to buy that virtual product just after trying to buy a real product without logging in and out ?
It could be that the shipping information is still stored in the session after the order is done and thus, it still charges the shipping. If that's the case, you should see the shipping fees on the cart before finishing the order.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #434

Yep I have bought several of my items as I am just testing at the moment, within the same session.

Ok just going back to it now, I see the postage added on the checkout (even though the option isnt there).

So surely though this is some sort of error? Because if no postage is set within the product (weight etc), then NO postage should be charged.

How do you go about fixing that with sessions?

• Thank you received: 13066
13 years 6 months ago #435

Yes, it's a bug. We will fix it for next release which is to come out soon.
That's not really a big bug as usually you won't have someone trying to make two orders the same day and his user session would have expired by the time he tries to make another order.
For your tests you can easily fix that by logging out and in between two orders.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds