Custom Item fields not saving when restricted to a single product

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 9 months ago #272264

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.5

I have a custom item field that is set up, and under Restrictions > Products a particular product is chosen. When someone goes through the checkout process and makes an order the value in the __hikashop_order_product table for the item is always NULL - even if the customer fills in a value. If I remove the product specified from Restrictions > Products and leave it blank, then the item is saved correctly.

This used to work on the site before I updated it to 3.1.0 (the issue still exists in 3.1.1.) If I revert the changes that were made to the /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order_product.php file (in Hikashop 3.1.0) then the item values save properly again, so I think the issue stems from this change.

Can you please look into this? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
6 years 9 months ago #272310

Hi,

We've actually added a patch for that on the 14th of June in the 3.1.1. And I can't reproduce the problem on my end. So download again the install package from our website and install it on yours in order to get all the latest patches and it should then work fine for you too.

6 years 9 months ago #272366

Thanks for looking into it. I have downloaded the install package and reinstalled it and still have the issue. I have sent a message through your Contact Us page with log in details for a site and instructions for recreating the issue. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13063
6 years 9 months ago #272400

Hi,

We got the credentials and the instructions, however, I'm not able to log in your backend with them. Could you double check them please ?

6 years 9 months ago #272439

Sorry, can you try again now with the same login details.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 9 months ago #272531

Hello,

Thank you for your temporary back-end access, we just tested on your website and tried to reproduce it on our website the last Hikashop version using the same configuration, but we were not able to reproduce your issue.

In fact we actually have added some fix through the last Hikashop version so you should probably download it through our website, install it and test it again.

6 years 9 months ago #272564

Thanks for your time looking into this. I've downloaded and installed the latest version again and still see the problem on 2 different sites so I decided to set up a bare Joomla set up and was able to recreate the steps to highlight the issue. The problem seems to only occur with a product that has variants - so I think it's only an issue for a very specific set up.

To see the problem set up a product with one variant and add 2 Item custom fields. Item One has no restrictions and shows on all products. Item Two is restricted to only show on the one product I set up.

On the front-end after filling in the custom fields, adding the item to the cart and going through the checkout process, you can see in the __hikashop_order_product table that the value for Item Two isn't saved (NULL.)

Like I said before this was working fine before I updated the sites to 3.1.0 (and the latest 3.1.1 hasn't fixed it.) I've put my bare Joomla test site up at the same location I sent you previously if you want to take a look at that as it just shows a very scaled down version of the problem (the same log in details I sent previously.)

Thanks for your help. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 9 months ago #272605

Hello,

The problem seems to only occur with a product that has variants - so I think it's only an issue for a very specific set up.

Thanks to your feedback, we succeed to reproduce your issue and we have added a fix about it through the last Hikashop version that you can download again through our website, so you'll just have to install it to check if it fixed your issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sashau

6 years 9 months ago #272845

Thank you, installing the latest update has fixed the issue for me.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds