Infinity scroll function

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 5 months ago #280723

Hi,

What exactly "window.localPage.checkInfiniteScroll" function does?

I am not 100% sure but it looks like this function doesn't work correctly with google chrome, ie, edge browsers. As for us it only works with firefox and android phone.

As example. Scrolling product listing down to last product and refreshing page will get u back to top (first product set/columns) instead of your last position.

Using firefox it works fine, u get back to the same product position.

So if you have many products and after refresh or back button user will have to scroll down again. It is not user friendly and gives some issues...

Can someone advise please?

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 5 months ago #280725

Hi,

The function checkInfiniteScroll check whether you're and the bottom of the page, and if you are, it loads the next batch of products through AJAX.
If you refresh the page, then the browser asks again to the server to load the page and in that case, the server replies back with the first batch of products. That's normal, that it works like that.
There is no function to load again all the products loaded before the page refresh. That data isn't stored anywhere on the browser by HikaShop.
Now maybe firefox has some kind of caching and when you refresh the page, it actually doesn't refresh it but use its cached version.
Or maybe does it tries to scroll down to the position where it was and in the process, it triggers the AJAX loading of the additional products.

6 years 5 months ago #280777

Hi,

Thanks for explanation. So it looks like this infinity scroll is more or less useless. It gives only the possibility add new products without leaving page and it is not user friendly. Instead of being nice feature it creates more issues. You can't navigate between product listing and product page because if you have loaded 300+ items you will have to scroll it again. User expect to come back to the same position he was, isn't it?

Would be good if goin back to product listing from product page it would load only that batch of products. And scrolling up or down it would load another....Can this be done with this infinity scroll?

Looking to have something like this: www.skechers.com/en-us/women/all?genders=W&pageIdx=2

I see it updates page id on every load more click and somehow restore it back after going back from product page.

Kind Regards

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 5 months ago #280780

Hello,

You're free to implement the feature thanks to the view override system.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 5 months ago #280819

Hi,

The answer i expected... hikashop seems to have many features only just to be done. And no one cares how its done....why should i take my time to fix what should work by default? You should just remove infinity scroll so other people wont get fooled of this "nice" feature....

Instead we just gonna end our subscription with hikashop and move to proper solution Like wordpress...

Regards

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 5 months ago #280829

Hi,

Please understand that the infinite scroll was implemented less than a year ago.
You're the first one talking about that so please understand that we can't have things the way you want if no one tell us that it could be interesting to have it like that before.
As Jerome said, right now, if you want it to work like that, there is no alternative than customization the views.
However, that's an interesting improvement. The example you've provided is indeed a nice way to improve the system. We'll look into it for future improvements.

6 years 5 months ago #280851

Hi,

I think it's not about how we want. It's about how it should be. Anyone will agree that after user scrolls +300 products he expects to go back to same position he was. And if you need to scroll those products again you probably just gonna abandon this page. So possible conversion is lost...

Hikashop should add features which would allow to have higher conversion rates for Hikashop users. I understand you are more likely to add features which would increase Hikashop sells itself...

That's my feedback and I hope you will take it for future implementations...

Have a great day

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds