Falang product description translation issue

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 3 months ago #285400

Hi,

Seems to found some issue when you copy product and want to translate product description. We have 2 languages. Main is english and second is our native language.

The issue is like this:

1. Creating product with english content.
2.Translating it to our language via hikashop product edition interface.

All fine here.

Now coping that product and tring to change product description to our language. It does change via hikashop interface but on site it still shows old one. The copy one...

Everything is working fine if creating new product but not then do a copy. So it takes much more time for product creation.
Could someone take a look into issue??

Kind Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285404

Hi,

Could you provide some screenshots of the different steps so that we can have a precise understanding of the issue ?

• Thank you received: 114
6 years 3 months ago #285465

Hi,

Not sure what happened but when i tried to reproduce same issue and do some screenshots it started to work. Strange. I will update this topic if same issue occures.

Kind Regards

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292509

I have the same problem:
1)When copying a product the translation gets copied as well so I update it to fit the new product and save it.
In the backend the new translation is the saved and it is all ok but on the front end only the alias and canonical url where translated but the text, metadata and other fields are still showing the translation from the copied product not the new product.
Then it is impossible to update the translation of the new product - you can only update the backend but the front end will always show the old translation from the copied product

I have an other problem( which actually solves problem 1)
2) When copying the most recent product I get an error message "1136 column does'nt match value count at row 1" and I have to get back to Control panel then to the products and the copied product has been created whatever the Error. So it works but not practical ...
And when this error occurs (only when copying latest product) the translation fields are all empty so the product can be translated and this translation can be updated or modified.

I would be happy if I could just copy any product and able to modify and update the ranslation
Any suggestions
Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #292513

Hi,

We'll first need more information.
Which version of HikaShop are you using ?
Please do that change: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...ror-1054.html#287524
and try again. That way, the error message on point 2 which provide the MySQL query which will allow us to better understand what's going on.
Also, you say in the first point that it's impossible to modify the translation of the new product. Are you talking of when you try via the translation popup in HikaShop ? What if you do it via Falang's interface ? Does it work ?

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292547

Hi Nicolas
I am using Hikashop Business 3.4.0
Joomla 3.8.7
Falang paid latest version

yes it is impossible to modify the translation of a new product ON THE FRONT END if that product is a copy of an other product only canonical url and alias get modified.The backend is modified and works fine but the front end shows the data of the old product not hte new one (copied from that product)
the Hikashop interface on the backend is translated so is the Falang interface both are the same and show exactly the same datas but the front end still shows the data from the original product (so the translation isn't working).
If you create a brand new product there is no problem because the hikashop translation pop up fields are empty so you can fill them with datas but when you copy a product the hikashop pop up is already filled with the datas of the original product and and then there is an issue: you can change the datas and they will be modified and saved on the backend via hikashop pop up or Falang interface but on the front end the changes won't show up . I tried without cache and after clearing all cache even the browser cache, i tried with mobile etc.. the issue is still there so i don't think it is related to cache.

I hope these explanations are clear enough for you !! and you can help me with that problem
Thanks

5 years 11 months ago #292580

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on our end.
On our demo website, we have the page:
demomain.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikas...ge/with-translations
Which allows you to display the "webcam" product in different languages with the links:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/component...39-webcam?Itemid=102
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/component...39-webcam?Itemid=102
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/ja/component...39-webcam?Itemid=102
I've made a copy of that product with the copy button and then modified the description of that copy.
Then, when I access these pages:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/component...29-webcam?Itemid=102
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/component...29-webcam?Itemid=102
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/ja/component...29-webcam?Itemid=102
to get the pages for the copy, I correctly get the translated product description of the new product.

So either I didn't understand the problem, or you have some caching preventing you from seeing the change, or you have an issue with the data in the falang_content table or a bug in how falang loads the data.

(note that the test was made through the master website of our demo website and you'll see the new product once the live demo website is reset, so it might take a few hours)

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292589

Hi Nicolas
You understood the problem. To start with I tought it should be a cache problem but I turned off the joomla cache and deleted all cache + browser cache and the problem was still there that's why I contacted you hoping you could help.
Thank you so much for your time

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292592

Hi Nicolas

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by sophie11.

5 years 11 months ago #292624

Hi,

Well, since we aren't able to reproduce the issue on our end, I can't help further without looking at the issue directly on your website.
So I would need:
- a backend access
- a link to a product page with the issue
- a FTP access
- an access to the database (phpmyadmin)
That way, I can look at the issue, the settings, the data in the database and possibly add some debug if necessary.

Please send that along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a look:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
5 years 11 months ago #292648

Hi Nicolas

I think I've sorted the problem out. I had a problem with my variants: the first one couldn't get the order number 0 so there was 2 variants wih number 1 and that caused a problem every time I tried to copy a product.
I fixed that and now it seems to work.
When I copy a product the translations of the variants get copied as well and instead of updating them one by one (I've got 11 per product) I delete them and create them again. So the translation fields of the variants are empty and that's fine because there are exactly the same as the main product.
Thank you very much
Sophie

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 11 months ago #292650

Hello Sophie,

Thank you for your feedback !

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds