• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 5 months ago #313420

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : file not found

Hikashop tries to load a css file that doesn't exists when the page is accessed from an Apple device.

Found the code doing this in the file :
joomla_root/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php
at line 2953

if ($navigator_check["name"] == "Apple Safari") {
	$doc->addStyleSheet(HIKASHOP_CSS.'safari_hikashop.css');
}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 4 months ago #313438

Hi,

The file is supposed to be there. Maybe there was a problem with the permissions in the media/com_hikashop/css folder on your website during the update and thus the installer couldn't add the file there.
You can download again the install package of the latest version on our website and either:
- try installing it again on your website so that it tries to add the file there again
- extract the files from the package on your local computer and upload the file manually to the media/com_hikashop/css from the media/css folder in the package via FTP.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 4 months ago #313446

The file was not in the zip file I've downloaded on November 1th.
Of course I've checked that before submitting the bug report.
But it is in the zip I've downloaded today.

Are you making changes to the files without modifying the version number of the extension?
This situation is troublesome because now I don't know if I have the latest files of the extension.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 4 months ago #313448

Hi,

Each time a bug is found after a release, a new build is uploaded with the patch. Almost every day, a new build is uploaded.
And each time we publish a new release, all the patches added since the previous release are included so people updating will get them.
We had 35 builds of HikaShop 4.2.2 since its release.
We don't want to make a new release for each patch. That would be crazy for everyone.
We would only make a new release for a patch if it would be really important, like a bug with a new version of Joomla which crashes HikaShop in some way, or a security issue found.
For minor issues like this one (which doesn't prevent your website from working. It just less nice on Safari) we only upload a new build so if you are affected, you can just download the install package again and install it on top to get the patchs.
So in short, you likely never have the latest version of all the files unless you've just updated your HikaShop. Now in 99%, it's not a problem for you. You don't even know about it as the patchs most likely don't concern you. Now if a notice an issue, it's a good idea to download again the install package on our website and install it on yours to get all the latest patchs and see if you still have the issue.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds