• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332778

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.lepetitpotager.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Developer 89.0b14

Hello,

I'm contacting you because I'm facing many bugs.

When I upload an image for a variant, it uploads it 10 times without any reason
It happens often that when I add a FR translation, it refuses and displays an error. If I log out and come back, then it works again.
Sometimes, I can't display the code window, it's like it uploads forever. It displays the editor twice, sometimes displays in the editor view the HTML code I entered in the code view.
It happens often that a script of Hikashop seems to block everything, and I can't do any action. And it also happens often that after working with Hikashop, I can't do any backup using Akeeba, clicking on backup now just brings me back to the control panel.

I start to be desperate.

Could you please help?

Thanks in advance

Sandra

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 10 months ago #332783

Hi,

Regarding the translation error message, it says that you need to first enter the text in the variant description itself before you enter the text in the description field of the translation popup. Did you do that and save the variant at least once before ?
If not, that would explain the error message as the system actually need to use the text from the variant description as key to match it with the translation text in the popup.
Now, what's strange is that I see that you only have French setup on your website (only the French flag appears on your first screenshot). So In that case, there is no need to add any translation since you can just let the system use the text from the description in the variant itself. So I'm thinking that you're having an issue with your HTML editor not displaying for the description of the variant when you edit the variant, and because of that, you thought that you had to use the translation flag to be able to enter the text, which then lead to the error message.
So if my theory is correct, your issue is actually with your HTML editor not loading properly.

In the HikaShop configuration, you'll find under the "advanced" tab a setting "Editor" where you can choose which editor plugin to use in the HikaShop interface. I would recommend to change it to "tinyMCE" the default one of Joomla and it might help. Or even try with "none" to get just a text area. That may help you better understand how the interface is normally supposed to work, when the editor doesn't mess with everything.
Regarding the images upload, I must say I've never seen that. So I'm not sure what's going on. Could you maybe provide a backend access and precise instructions to reproduce the issue so that we could look into it ?
If so, you can send that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332812

Thanks a lot Nicolas for your answer.

I switched from JCE to TinyMCE, it seems to solve the editor issue.
Regarding the translations, I think I did add first the default text before doing the Fr but I'm not 100% sure. The site is set up in multilingual as it will also be available in English in a near future. I'll add more articles and pay more attention when I add texts to see if it happens again or not.
I'll create you a backend access so that you can check about this strange bug with variant images.

Thanks again and have a nice day and long weekend

Sandra

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

2 years 10 months ago #332828

Hi,

Thank you for the access.
I was able to better understand the situation and reproduce the issue with the images upload of variants on my local test website.
It was a changed made a few months ago to help for the support of Joomla 4, which had a side effect here, leading to the javascript from the variant edit form being run several times instead of one time, leading to the duplication of the upload event.
I've added the patch on our end and can confirm it fixes the issue for me.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it will add the patch for the issue.

Have a nice weekend too !

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332833

Good morning Nicolas,

I downloaded 4.4.2 and installed it but it seems the bug remains. :(

Thanks in advance for your help

Sandra

2 years 10 months ago #332834

Hi,

Maybe you need to clear your browser's cache. Please try that.
If that doesn't help, then I don't see why you would still have the problem and we'll need a FTP access to check on the situation further since we don't have the bug anymore on our end.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 10 months ago #332836

Stupid me. I should have thought about cleaning the cache correctly. It now works fine.

Thanks a lot Nicolas and enjoy your weekend

Sanda

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds