After Updates to 4.7

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347696

Hello,
I just updated the website to the new version of Hikashop Business 4.7 , the owner of the restaurant hand me the new menu prices , as soon i updated the first product and saved that what happen please see below, thanks

Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Format/Json.php on line 54

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/plugins/content/responsivelightbox/responsivelightbox.php on line 22

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/plugins/content/retinaimages/retinaimages.php on line 22

Please Advice, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 4 months ago #347699

Hi,

The messages:

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/plugins/content/responsivelightbox/responsivelightbox.php on line 22

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/plugins/content/retinaimages/retinaimages.php on line 22
come from the responsivelightbox and retinaimages content plugins you have installed on your website. These are not from us nor from Joomla. I suppose the version of them you're using is not fully compatible with PHP 8
You must have had these messages even before updating your HikaShop.

As for
Deprecated: trim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /home/test5/test.com/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Format/Json.php on line 54
I can't say where this comes from.
It basically means that something is trying to use the JSON library of Joomla in a way it shouldn't on PHP 8.
So it could come from any plugin of the groups system, hikashop, content, etc.

Note however that these deprecated messages are not real errors. They are there so that developers can change their code as it won't work properly in future versions of php. On a live website, you should have the "error reporting" setting of the Joomla configuration configured in a way that doesn't display them. Not only because they are not real errors, but also for security reasons.

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347701

Hello Nick,
I took your Note about PHP8, and indeed you are right i did update from php 8 to php 8.1 and i did also the update to HS 4.7 and that was the results, i put the php back to 8 and all works perfect , thank you for the Hint out, Affaf

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds