how to add a product to a category

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1109

I'm a total newbie here, and can't seem to figure out how to add a product to a category. Any help would be appreciated. btw, so far like this product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1110

When you edit a product, on the right, you have a listing of categories with an "add" button. Upon clicking on it, you will have a popup displaying for you to select the category you want to add and then click on the ok button of the popup. Then, save the product and voilà.

13 years 5 months ago #1111

Nicolas, that is not working for me.

13 years 5 months ago #1113

Ok but that doesn't help me to help you :)
Could you tell me what happens ? do you have an error ? If you try on the demo website, do you have the same behavior ?

13 years 5 months ago #1118

i'm not sure what happened, but when I refreshed the backend, the categories popped up on the righthand side. Previously only the leftside with the folder tree showed up, and no categories on the right. Anyway, I've got it. Thanks for the prompt response. :)

13 years 5 months ago #1349

Hi sorry i think i got the same problem.

I have created two categories, fashion and bag.

When i try to create a product under fashion, it always appear inside the root folder instead of the fashion folder.

I understand that you will saying when adding a new product select the category from the right side category section, but when i click add, the follow screen was what i see. I select the folder and click add but nothing happen.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by zacker.

13 years 5 months ago #1350

Hi,

When you create a new product, there is no categories attached to it. If you don't set any, it will automatically be attached to the "product category" default category. If you want to attach a product to a category, you have a listing of categories with an "add" button. Upon clicking on it, you will have a popup displaying for you to select the category you want to add and then click on the ok button of the popup. Then, save the product and the product will be attached to your category.

13 years 5 months ago #1353

Hi, thank alot, i just realize i didnt select the check box before adding a category.

13 years 5 months ago #2443

i follow the step to catagaries a product. it not change.
i use starter ver.

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #2445

Are you sure you saved the product after adding the category ? Like I said in my previous post, on the categories selection popup you need to select the categories you want and then click on the ok button of the popup. Then, save the product and the product will be attached to your categories.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 4 months ago #2524

i saw a name basket show below the catagories box. i assume the product succesfull been catagories.
i check the list of product, in basket catagory also has 2 products. refer to my image.
but i preview my page, it is not show. which step did i miss.

13 years 4 months ago #2530

So that sounds more like you're missing an associated module on your menu. Go to Display->Content menus and edit your menu. Click on save and you will get an error message if you're missing an associated module. You can click on the link of the message to automatically create that associated module.

You can read more about how to display your content on the front end on that tutorial: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/67.html#categories_menu

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds