login and registration

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 days ago #12171

I am using YJ pop login module to take care of my login and registration process. my inquiry is actually about how to integrate your login and registration into YJ. i would want the shop to redirect to the popup for registration or login instead of the usual forms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 2 days ago #12174

You could add your pop login module in a joomla article. Then, edit the file login of the view checkout via the menu Display->Views and add a redirect to that article when the user is not logged in.

13 years 2 days ago #12175

since i am still new to joomla and hika, with less then basic programing skill what you just told me sounds more complicated then putting together an airplane :laugh:

please talk to me like to a moron so that i can understand

13 years 2 days ago #12181

In a joomla article, you need to use the loadposition system to load your module : docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

Then, create a menu item to that article so that you can copy the link and then put that menu on a hidden main menu.
Then, in the file I was talking about, you can add such code:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->redirect('URL_OF_YOUR_MENU');
just after:
if(!$this->identified){

and voilà. If a user access the checkout without being logged in, he will be redirected to your article with the login/registration module in it.

13 years 2 days ago #12188

that would work if it was a normal module. the load module in article worked. the problem with it is that the modul loads two buttons one for login one for registration. each button uses javascript to open a popup for the login and registration forms. so in this case it will not work. there might be another way tho. could hika instead of redirecting the user to the login/registration forms to just simply return a text where it asks the user to login or register?

13 years 2 days ago #12205

Sure. You can remove everything in the file and add something like that:

<?php if(!$this->identified){
$this->nextButton = false;
?>
Please click here to login or register before checking out
<?php }

13 years 2 days ago #12216

tried it and i still get the login and registration forms.

13 years 1 day ago #12231

Are you sure that you removed everything in the file? Did the save worked ?

13 years 1 day ago #12263

yes. i removed everything in that file and the save worked. it may be something else tho. i have the products. i placed the cart below the product images. when i open the cart the products are still there and the cart opens below. if i press checkout then the login and register forms appear below the above mentioned. they don't open separately, but instead they append after the previous ones. i know that there must be a setting to fix that. maybe this will also fix the other matter.

13 years 1 day ago #12269

Maybe you didn't edit the correct login file ? There should be one login file per template installed on your website. So if you edit the login file of another template that the one you're using on the checkout, the modification won't be taken into account.

13 years 1 day ago #12270

you were right. i was editing the correct file but in the wrong template. thank you

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds