Shipping???

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #1411

Hi,

I've just ditched virturmart and installed hikashop.

I'm unfortunately having the same issues with shipping though (no doubt it's my issue not the software) as I am very new to this.

I've added a few products to test and when i go to the checkout it says "The total of your order is too low for all the possible shipping methods"

I've added 3 shipping amounts with 3 different weight ranges because i want to have 3 different shipping rates. I then put the weight of the product to fall within the appropriate shipping range, with a bit of room to move in case shoppers want to buy more than one.

I'm selling books so the weight is quite irrelevant, i'm simply making it up to fit according to the possible postage costs.

I hope this makes sense.

What am I doing wrong? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out :S

Thanks, Jo
www.jellyfishconnection.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #1412

Also when i am testing to see how things work from the front end if I delete an item from the cart then go back to the main category and attempt to purchase the same item again it keeps saying "Your cart is empty". How do i change this please so if a customer deletes an item and then changes their mind and does want to buy it they can?

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 6 months ago #1421

Hi,

Could you do a screenshot of the listing of your shipping methods ? That would help us to tell you what to do.

Concerning your cart issue, I checked your website and I was able to remove a product from the cart and add a new one without any issues.

13 years 6 months ago #1423

I've attached the summary of the shipping methods. I've changed them so they all begin with zero kg but it hasn't made a difference. Previously I had them set at

0-3kg $2.95 shipping
4-10kg $5.95 shipping
11-15kg $12.95 shipping

This was so that i could put specific book packs into certain shipping costs by making them different weights.
Am I going about his all wrong?
I'm using the Hikashop manual shipping plugin (is enabled).

The cart issue was when i tried to put the SAME product back in the cart after deleting it.

thanks,

Jo

Attachments:

13 years 6 months ago #1425

Hi,

The error isn't on weight but on prices. You set minimum and maximum prices on the shipping methods.
Currently, if the order total amount isn't 2.95 or 5.95 or 12.95, no shipping method will be displayed.

For the cart issue, that's indeed what I tried, and it worked for me.

13 years 6 months ago #1551

Thank You, the shipping problem is fixed. :silly:

I still have the issue of deleting an item and not being able to add it back into the cart.

I'm also concerned about the image quality for the thumbnail pictures. they are good quality images and were clear in the virtuemart shop, is there something i can do to improve this please?

I would also like to know how to change the order of the products please. :unsure:

Jo

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Joanne.

13 years 6 months ago #1558

For the cart problem. It could be a cache issue. Do you have any caching activated on your website? It could also be related to the caching of your browser. If you use another browser, does it work ? Everytime I tried on my end on your website , it worked correctly...

For the product images quality, I looked around on the web about what we could do. It seems that the php function ImageCopyResampled would produce better results than ImageCopyResized. Could you try to replace the code

ImageCopyResized($thumb, $img, 0, 0, 0, 0, $newWidth, $newHeight,$this->width, $this->height);
by the code
ImageCopyResampled($thumb, $img, 0, 0, 0, 0, $newWidth, $newHeight,$this->width, $this->height);
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/image.php near line 260 ? Then you need to delete the images in the thumbnail folder which is in the upload folder. You can find the path of the upload folder in the config under the tab files. The system should then recreate the thumbnails with the new function when displaying the products images and hopefully the quality will be improved.

The order of the products can be changed in the product listing. Click on the category where you want to order the products in the listing of products and make sure that you display only "direct sub elements" and only "products" in the filters on the top of the listing. Otherwise, the ordering column will be disabled.

13 years 6 months ago #1565

Thank you for the information Nicolas. I will probably be able to replace the code but can you please tell me how to find it by giving me really basic instructions. Really sorry but I need a "for dummies" explanation as I'm very new to web building in general.

Thanks

Jo

13 years 6 months ago #1566

You need to use an FTP client and connect to your hosting with it. Then, go to the folder administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers, download the file image.php, change the code as described and upload the file back.
Tutorial on a well known FTP client: www.velnetsupport.co.uk/parrots/FTP/Filezilla/

If you don't know your FTP credentials, you should ask your hosting company.

13 years 6 months ago #1650

Thanks!

I use cpanel and usually avoid it!! I have someone that helps me with that so I'll get them onto it.

NOW I have more issues! I'm not sure if it's ok to keep posting here or start another thread?

I would also like to have a "continue shopping" button at the checkout. What URL do I put in the configuration please? & URL to redirect when cart is empty?

Jo

13 years 6 months ago #1652

Well, the continue button is just a button to redirect somewhere else in the store like for example the main product page. For example this one on your store maybe: jellyfishconnection.com/home/new-jellyfish-shop

13 years 6 months ago #1720

Thanks, I actually wanted it to be able to go back to the same category the shopper had just selected the item from but the front page for the shop is fine!
Jo

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds