Calculating Sales Tax

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1414

Ok, here is my issue. i need to charge sales tax to specific cities within 1 US state. Colorado is the state and their are 3 cities that we deliver to and need to collect sale tax on, all 3 have different rates. How can I accomplish this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1420

Do you ship only to Colorado or to all the US or to everywhere in the world ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1460

We don't actually ship we are a food delivery company but the direct answer is Yes we only "Ship" to Colorado.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1463

So, you should go to System->zones and unpublish all the zones. And create four country zones. Three of them will have the name of the cities and the last one will be "rest of the Colorado". Then, you can go to System->taxation. Click on the manage tax rates to add your three tax rates. Using the manage tax categories, please create one tax category. Then, go back to System->taxation and add three rules, each rule with a different tax rate and one of the cities selected as zone and the tax category selected. Add this tax category to the products. And finally go to Display->Custom fields and deactivate the address_state custom field and change the address_country name to "location" instead of country.

Also, you could add all the cities in your state as country zones and unpublish the address_city field so that the users only has to enter once his city with the address_country (named location) dropdown.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds