how to appearing some custom field front-end?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1497

Hi There..
I've use hikashop starter and it helps me a lot.. But i have some problem.
How can i modify address information in front-end? I want to call a field value from address information in back-end, make it appear in addresses front-end but make it unlisted in address information in front-end.
Please help me.. I've been stuck for 3 days and couldn't found the way..
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1498

Hi,

You can personalize the address form by going to Display->Custom fields. There you will be able to publish/unpublish fields and create new ones if needed.

Also, if you want to change the address display, you will have to go to Display->Views and search for address_template. You will be able to change the way the address is displayed on the front end and the back end.

13 years 5 months ago #1500

Thanks for your quick reply.
i've been changed published property into unpublished, but it makes the field value didn't appear in both of front-end and back-end. I've been customized front-end address_template and entering {field} value in front-end address_template that unpublished or front-end unchecked in hikashop->display->custom value, but it didn't work. The value can't appear in front-end. I need to make it appeared in address front-end but not appeared in address information form front-end. Could you give me the solutions? Thanks before.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1502

Ah ok. I see what you mean. you want to disable the edit of a field on the front end form but still have it displayed.

You should edit the file form.php of the view address and change the code

echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->address->$fieldName,'data[address]['.$fieldName.']');
to the code
if($fieldName=='YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD_REALNAME'){ echo $this->address->$fieldName;}else{echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->address->$fieldName,'data[address]['.$fieldName.']');}
And replace YOUR_CUSTOM_FIELD_REALNAME by the realname of your field.

13 years 5 months ago #1509

Yap. That's what i mean.
I'm sorry, but your code didn't work. I've been checked it many times.
I had made 'paket_berlaku' in my custom field. I've been trying on other field too. But it still displayed in address information

13 years 5 months ago #1512

I'm truly sorry. It works. :P
Thanks for your help Nicholas. :cheer: :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds