Check page settings

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #1674

Hi.

After all latest test on joomla and hikashop those days, recently i started building what it is suppossed to be the final web store some day.

I configured some hikashop modules and menus following documentations and past threads indications by your team. i would like to get some kind of verification on it.

Point by point:

- First, I created some modules associated to categories ("Hombre" y "Mujer") in order to display their subcategories at left side of the page. Those modules serves as categories browsers. After that, as documentation says, if you click on its links, you got nothing but a blank page in where the module has been erased and no visible product.

- Then, Menu items were created (on web top), associated to the same categories as previous modules. If you clik on them, you got a product distribution list. Ok. Nice.

- After that, I associated the previous module to those menu items. What i get is that now if you click on module links, the module does not disappear, but still no product is listed on page.

- I created now a module with the only purpose of describe how to display products, not published or shown. Then, I associated the previous menu items to this module.

- The dependence relation created is something like this: side categories module -> menu item listing products -> displaying products module.

Now, it seems to work properly, despite how complex the process has been.

The questions here are:

- Is this walkthrough correct?
- What bunch of all settings established are controlling how products ares listed if i click on the module categories side manu or the the menu item?

URL: shoptest.avaray.com/es/peru

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 6 months ago #1678

Hi,

So what you did enables you to display a side module listing categories. When clicking on a category, it will display a listing of the sub categories of the category on which you clicked (thanks to the link to the menu in the module) and then below, it will display the listing of products under the category (thanks to the associated module added to the menu which displays the listing of products).
That's the most complex way of doing it in HikaShop but that enables you to display a really complex store.
You could also have done without a module listing the categories and using the categories menu as the front page, you could display directly the categories inside that menu and the products below with the associated module.

The products are displayed by the associated module in your menu. So you can edit the options of that module and you will be able to tweak the way the products are displayed.

We are aware that the display of content is a bit complicated to setup. In the future, we will provide default preconfigured menus and modules that can be activated in two clicks to display what you want.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #1696

Ok, thanks for your response.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds