Trouble with variants

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1721

Hi,

I'm entering variants of products and then they are not there when i select "manage variants" or when i choose to show variants on the main product listing page.

I've read through the instructions and a couple of previous posts but cannot figure it out.

I am making sure they're published, saving etc.

I read previously something about having a default item but could not see how to set this.

Jo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
13 years 5 months ago #1723

Hi,

It could happen that the system was not able to automatically create the variants of a product based on the characteristics you set. In such cases, you won't see the variants on the "manage variant" listing. However, you can still create them manually with the new button there.

Did you add values for your characteristics beforehand ?
There must be a problem with the way you're creating your products. You're the first person reporting that the system didn't create the variants automatically. If you try with a new product do you have the same behavior ?
If so, could you explain step by step what you do until the manage variant screen where you don't see the variants ?

13 years 5 months ago #1770

I've managed to figure out what I was doing wrong and how to make it happen!

But one of my values is 0 (zero) (also 00, 000 & 1 for kids clothes) the 0 value appears as I've entered it when i go into values & variants but appears as 10 everywhere else & therefore on the dropdown menu on product page it is 10 insteas of 0. Is there any way I can fix this (without changing it to a letter O)?

Thanks very much, I appreciate the support and quick replies.

Jo

13 years 5 months ago #1771

Could you post a screenshot of the edition page of your characteristic ? That would help us reproduce the problem on our end.

13 years 5 months ago #1772

I hope this shows what you need.

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1774

OK?

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1776

Yes, thank you. We will try to reproduce the problem and fix it.
That fact that you use 0 and 00 and 000 probably create problems with the checks on emptiness because with you check if a variable is empty in PHP 0 and 00 and 000 meaning the same thing. There are some ways to do the checks differently to avoid such issues.

In the mean time, I would recommend to cheat the system. You could use the values  0  00 and  000
Since   is replaced into a space by the browsers it should work.

13 years 5 months ago #1787

Hi,

The problem comes from Joomla actually. We use their libraries to display HTML elements and they don't take into account the 0 properly in the library.
In order to fix the display problem for the 0, you can change the code

$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $key,$val);
to the code
if(strlen($val)!=0 && empty($val)){
				$val = $val.' ';
			}
			$this->values[] = JHTML::_('select.option', $key,$val);
near line 145 of the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/type/characteristic.php
That's something we are going to include in next release.

13 years 5 months ago #1795

Thank you so much for taking the time to figure this out for me, very much appreciated.

I've changed the values to O for now as you suggested and it's fine. I now know how to change it to the way I want so thanks.

Jo

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds