add variant type to cart module...

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 5 months ago #1889

I have noticed that if I have a product say candle and the product has a characteristic called fragrance and there are 3 fragrances
violet,lush & raspberry.

then when the product is added to the cart it simply add's only the name of the product but not the attribute with which it is associated to.

therefore if I add the product 'Large candle' with the Attribute 'raspberry' to the cart all that is stated in the cart is 'Large candle', If I then add another 'Large candle' to the cart with the attribute 'lush' then all the is added to the cart again is 'Large Candle', being a customer I would not be able to tell what 'Large candle' resolves to which 'Attribute' unless...

on each Characteristic I change the name to Large Candle (Lush), Large Candle (Raspberry) & Large Candle (Violet).. only then will the cart reflect the choice's that the customer has made.

therefore I ask is it possible to perhaps have a select box with the option to add 'variants' to the 'cart module' if a shop owner wishes?

so that if I setup the products and variants , variants having already unique names. to display them in the cart like so ;

<product> (<variant>), or Large Candle (Violet)

Thanks.

ps: I am slowly coming to appreciate this cart , and i have tested a lot of them. Most all joomla cart's are no good. this one with its support is definitely worth persevering with.

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
13 years 5 months ago #1891

That's indeed the case. Note that this is only on the cart module. On the product page and the checkout, the characteristics values are already added to the name of the product if no name is set in the variant (something we added 2 weeks ago).

For the cart module you can try to replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php by the one in the archive in this post. That's something we want to add to the next release in fact.

File Attachment:

File Name: view-20101118.zip
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 5
13 years 5 months ago #1899

WOW!.. look at that , already done ;)

installed and working perfectly , thank you very much.

B)

you Guys are Awesome and have excellent Support! Keep up the great Work!.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds