Not a 'How To ? ' but more of a can I do this?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1900

Hi guys,

So I know that the multi-level pricing [wholesale, consumer etc] / warehouse vs consumer / multi-store setup is not for months from now :( but I was wondering this...

Could I setup the website with Hikashop [some paid version like probably Essential to start with or maybe even Business edition for the Affiliate program] for consumers? and then also have Virtuemart setup for Wholesalers ?

Now believe me I REALLY don't look forward to having to enter the same products in there twice or having to mess with the styling of 2 shopping carts but my friend/customer needs both and until you guys have that feature in your software,
can I get away with this and will it work?

I can't see why it wouldn't exactly but before I spend lots of hours doing this, I figured I would ask.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

P.S.: I would redirect Wholesalers to a different part of the site where their shopping cart module would be published and where Hikashop's shopping cart module wouldn't be published to avoid issues with 2 carts on the site at the same time of course...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
13 years 5 months ago #1901

Hi,

There is not reason it wouldn't work. HikaShop and Virtuemart don't interact together at all. Indeed, you should avoid having two carts on the same page in order to avoid confusion for the user. Beside that, I don't see any problem.

We looked a bit at how we could add ACL to HikaShop recently. It seems easier than what we thought but we won't be able to start working on it before some time. Hopefully, it should be available before 2011.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds