Can I do this?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1944

Hi all, I'm designing a website for a client who sells custom name puzzles and I'm wondering if HikaShop will be able to do what I need.

Since there possibly thousands of different names people could order, having each name listed as a separate product would be very impractical. At some point in the ordering process people need to be able to type in the name they want and this has to be communicated to my client so he can make the puzzle. Pricing is based on the number of letters in the name with 3 categories - up to 5 letters, 6-8 letter, and 9-11 letters. Either the customer will type in the name and the cart will calculate the cost based on the number of letters they type, or they will choose from the 3 categories then type in the name (though in this method the number of letters they type still must be checked so they don't select up to 5 letters then type in a 10 letter name).

I hope that makes sense. Does this sound possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
13 years 5 months ago #1955

Should the users be able to buy more than one puzzle (or other products) by order ? does your client sell other products ?

If yes, then it's complicated to find a solution.
Otherwise, you could limit the product in the cart to 1. Then, use a custom order field in order to ask the name during the checkout. Then, to check the number of letters of the field, a bit of javascript in the view displaying the custom field could do the trick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds