Error messages not showing on checkout process

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2148

Hello,

I think that the module shows messages when there is an error during the checkout process (for example if the user does not introduce a shipping address, or does not select a payment method, etc.) Also, I think it shows a warning message when you try to add to the cart an item that has no more stock available. The thing is that none of these messages are being showed on my page. This is my index.php file. I am using milky way joomla template. Please can you check the index.php file and see what can be wrong? I already added the "<jdoc:include type="message" />" but no message appear.

Thanks.

File Attachment:

File Name: index.txt
File Size:6 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
13 years 5 months ago #2149

Hi,

You actually have the jdoc include code twice in your template.
So messages will be displayed twice on your website. I just tried to place an order on your website. I correctly got the notification message :
Se ha creado su cuenta y se ha enviado un enlace de activación a la dirección e-mail que nos ha proporcionado. Deberá activar su cuenta haciendo clic en el enlace antes de poder acceder al sitio. El enlace de activación puede demorar unos minutos en llegar a su cuenta de e-mail.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de activación, su cuenta se activará y usted podrá seguir su pedido

I was then able to finish the order. I saw that on the page envio you don't have any shipping methods. You should check your settings by following our FAD on that matter: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ual-listing.html#faq

Concerning shipping address, shipping methods, payment methods, etc the first one is automatically selected. So there is only an error message when no one is found. That can happen for example if you have restrictions on the payment/shipping plugins but that the order doesn't meet the restrictions of all the plugins.

When the product is out of stock, the add to cart button won't be displayed. When there is still stocks for a product the system will limit the quantity of the product in the cart so that it can't go over the maximum. However, there is no error message displayed if the user adds more than possible, the system just limits the quantity in the cart to the maximum possible quantity.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nicolas. Reason: I got the confirmation email

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2150

Hello,

Ok, thank you so much for your quick response and explanation.

Regarding the email, it takes some time to arrive, I will see that with the mail provider.

Thanks again. Have a nice day

• Thank you received: 13085
13 years 5 months ago #2151

I edited my message with some more information as I just received the email.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds