How to specify quantity (stock level) of variants

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2242

Hey there,

Really like the look of this component, hard to find a descent e-commerce extension for joomla!

I have read a few forum posts and it sounds like it is some how possible to set the quantity levels for each variant of a product. I can see the form field for the quantity levels for the product, that's easy enough to find but, levels for each variant seem to hidden somewhere?

If I can get this sussed I'll definitely be using this extension for the project at hand and many in the future.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #2244

Hi,

On the product edition screen, you have a button "manage variants" in the characteristics zone. Upon clicking it, you will see the listing of variants for the product (supposing that you already added the characteristics to the product of course). Then, if you edit a variant you should have a field "quantity" there.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2247

There it is! I'm blind... This is very cool. HikaShop for the win!

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 4 months ago #2523

Very confused here.

Each of my products has a number of dates available and I need the customer to select the date. Each date has a maximum of 5-10 participants.

eg:
PRODUCT X
Available dates: December 1st (only 5 available)
December 8th (only 5 available)
January 3rd (only 10 available)

Using Products > Characteristics, I created a characteristic called "Available Dates" but when I click on Values > add I can't specify the quantity available.

Soooo,

Using Products > PRODUCT X > Manage Variants I created a variant called "December 1st" and set the quantity to 5. But I can't see where I can add this variant to the PRODUCT X.

How can this be done?

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by JIK.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #2529

How does it works:

1. You add a characteristic "available dates". You add the values "December 1st","December 8th" and "January 3rd". and you save that characteristic.

Then you create your product X and click on add under the characteristics area to add your "available dates" characteristic. Then, you click on manage variants. There, you will see your three variants already created. You just have to edit each one to set the quantity and you're done.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds