Results from Search

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2283

Hi,
I used a Search function in Joomla. The results of the Search are shown on the middle screen. When I clicked on the result which is the article page, the content is shown in the same window. However, if I click on the product name (product page created by HikaShop), it will pop up a new window. My issue is that I have a shopping cart on the right position. The new page show product detail (which I created the page from HikaShop). However, all the content from the right position is not shown. I am wonder why I click on the search results on the HikaShop page, it will always pop up in the new window instead of displaying in the same window. Please advise. Thanks
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 5 months ago #2286

Hi,

In the search plugins options, you have the option itemid that you can set to the itemid of your menu. That will be added to the url of the links in order to keep your modules on the page after clicking on the link.

For the fact that the results open a new page we will look at adding an option to select the behavior. In the mean time, you can change the line:
$select = ' a.product_id AS id, a.product_name AS title, a.product_created AS created , a.product_description AS text, "1" AS browsernav';

to:
$select = ' a.product_id AS id, a.product_name AS title, a.product_created AS created , a.product_description AS text, "2" AS browsernav';

in the file plugins/search/hikashop_products.php near line 110 and the links won't open in a new page.

13 years 5 months ago #2300

It works. Thanks.

13 years 5 months ago #2333

Hi,
I also found similar problem. I placed the Shopping Content module at the footer. When I click the item in the shopping content area to see the detail of the product, the product detail is shown in the same page. However, the shopping cart disappear. I play around with setting but still could not get it to work.
Paul

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 5 months ago #2341

That's a totally different problem. In the HikaShop options of the module you should set the "menu" option so that the modules will "stay" on your page when the links in the module are clicked.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds