Re: Continue Shopping button on checkout top

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2338

At the checkout there is a continue shopping button, which is great, but I would like it at the top of the registration page. I have moved things around in the config Checkout workflow part, but there doesn't seem to be this button anywhere. I don't mind a dupe button, but because I am putting my coupons and cart on top before the registration area the continue shopping button still remains on the bottom. I found CONTINUE_SHOPPING under views > step but I don't even want to conceive what I have to do to get it to the top.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 4 months ago #2349

Hi,

In this step file, you can do that:

Add before the line

foreach($this->layouts as $layout){
the code
ob_start();
Then, before the line
if($this->continueShopping){
add the code
$views_html = ob_get_clean();
And finally, before the line
if($this->nextButton){
add the code
echo $views_html;

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2360

Excellent, thanks again.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 month ago #316438

Has this changed with 9 years gone bye? I can't seem to follow this thread at all and am looking for the same functionality.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 1 month ago #316439

Hi,

The "step" view file is not used by the HikaShop new checkout since HikaShop 3.0.0, so that's why you can't follow the instructions there anymore.

To move the "continue shopping" button elsewhere, I would recommend to do it differently:
- Empty the "continue shopping button URL" setting to not have the default continue shopping button displaying on the checkout.
- Add a view "Text" to your checkout workflow where you want to display the button and add such text in it:

<a href="XXX" class="hikabtn hikabtn_checkout_continue" id="hikashop_checkout_shopping_button">Continue shopping</a>
where XXX is to be replaced by the URL you want for the continue shopping button.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds