Page Navigation

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2355

Is there a way on each page to put a link or similar to get you back to the main product page? I am using the Category option, and when i look at a product and add to the cart, i have to use the menu to navigate myself back to continue shopping, is there a way to add something to add a button or link somewhere to get you back to the main products or no?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #2356

In the configuration, under the tab display, you can set in the option "Continue shopping button's URL" a URL and after that, on the checkout page a "continue" button will be displayed on the bottom left which will direct to that URL.

13 years 5 months ago #2358

what url do i set it too?

13 years 5 months ago #2359

You need to put the URL where you want your users to be redirected when clicking on the button.

Go to that page yourself and copy/paste the URL in the address bar of your browser in that field.

13 years 5 months ago #2361

okay...but can i put something on each page that lets you go back to the main products or not at this time? It would be easier i guess if you were not using categories

13 years 5 months ago #2362

i also cannot get the related products to display, at all, tried a number of options

13 years 5 months ago #2363

Are you talking about having a breadcrumb like on that link on our demo website ?
www.demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=c...y_pathway=11&lang=fr

HikaShop integrates with joomla breadcrumb module so you can put this module on your template and when you will be on a HikaShop page the joomla breadcrumb module will display the categories breadcumb.

For the related products, how are you doing it ? You need to create a content module (via the hikashop menu Display->content module) and set the module option "Content on product page" to "Related products". Then, in the configuration under the tab display, you need to add that module to the option "Modules under the product page". Then you should see the related products below the product page.

13 years 5 months ago #2364

tried that...but it conflicts with the product module that i created. And i guess there is no way to display a link to get you back to the main product page without going to the checkout first? It would be nice if we could add some navigation into this instead of having them go to the main menu to continue shopping

the related product module did not work, but it could be me.

13 years 5 months ago #2365

You're saying that it conflicts with the product module. I don't understand. Could you elaborate ?
The breadcrumb's function is there to provide navigation so that you don't need to use the main menu.
There is always a way to display a link in a view, but to help you I would have to understand what you want to do... I'm still not sure... Maybe some screenshots could help ?

For the related product module, you need to have the synchronize content option to on. Maybe that is the problem ? The related products also need to be displayed. And the number of items need to be positive, as well as the number of columns.

13 years 5 months ago #2366

When i created the related products module and placed the module under the product page, it seemed to override the product module which i created to display on the menu item associated with the shop in Joomla. I created a menu in Joomla to attach to the shop via category method then applied product module that i created to display the products, but when i attempted to display the related products, then nothing showed up, all buttons were clicked to YES, and all information was positive.

In regards to the link, what i want to do is this:
I have the shop set up in Category view
so when i go into the category
i see a list of related products
when i click on A product
it brings me to the product screen where i can add it to the cart
what i would like to do is have something on each page that a user could click on to go back to the main page with the categories

i am not sure if screenshots would help

i am wondering if the related product problem is because it keeps trying to enable itself when i go to associate a module under product page, so i am not sure how to get it to do what i am asking, but yes, i want it to display like the demo shop, you guys had it all below and then you could click around and shop, i am not sure how to do that here, am wondering if i need to pay for a business set up, because seriously i am over my head in the options, i just follow the instructions but i must miss something because when i look nothing happens, it is the same with the tax module, that did not work either, i suppose it could be some option that i am not considering, but i will try again and see if i can show you a screen shot of what it looks like when you do related products

i have the menu set already, so is it perhaps overriding it in the backend of the configuration?

13 years 5 months ago #2375

You say that the related product module override the product module. Did you create two separate instances of the modules ? Because you can't use the same module instance for both.

For the link you're talking about, I still don't see why the breadcrumb module would not be the solution you're looking for ?

If not screenshots, could you provide the URL of your website ? We could see how you set up the system and tell you more about what you could do.

13 years 4 months ago #2552

okay...I don't have the shop 'live' yet...but if you could just create an account on our site at www.kenaz.ca the shop is there in The Kindred Shop and there is a link to View Products, that gives you the current look of the shop. Basically, i followed the steps to create a 'menu' by creating a 'module' that i called products, that had its own display settings, but in the main config display, i tried adding a module under the main that i called related products and tell it that i wanted to display that, i wondered if i clicked in the wrong place, and if i should tell the menu to add that module and not the shop config if that makes any sense. what i found was that you could not tell it to display a module under without enabling the module in the config which ended up with some wierd issues. I am not sure if my admin would be happy with you getting access to the backend to take a look, but i could just create a temp login, for you, that i would send you off list (obviously) so if you cannot understand what i need, then perhaps i can do that, then you could also take a look at:

the taxes?
and why the menu items dont move up or down even after the fix?

if that is what i need to do, then i can do that, just email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will send you a login for the backend.

13 years 4 months ago #2568

I registered on your website and looked at the listing of categories.
You correctly added a products listing module to it.
Now, I couldn't see any related module on the product page so I can't tell you more.

I'm still not sure of what you want to achieve. Could you send me an explanation and an access to your back end at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will have a look at your configuration.
Taxes are probably not applied because of the restrictions you set on them which prevent them to be applied or something. With the back end access, I would be able to tell you more about that too.

13 years 4 months ago #2644

okay...I don't have the shop 'live' yet...but if you could just create an account on our site at www.kenaz.ca the shop is there in The Kindred Shop and there is a link to View Products, that gives you the current look of the shop. Basically, i followed the steps to create a 'menu' by creating a 'module' that i called products, that had its own display settings, but in the main config display, i tried adding a module under the main that i called related products and tell it that i wanted to display that, i wondered if i clicked in the wrong place, and if i should tell the menu to add that module and not the shop config if that makes any sense. what i found was that you could not tell it to display a module under without enabling the module in the config which ended up with some wierd issues. I am not sure if my admin would be happy with you getting access to the backend to take a look, but i could just create a temp login, for you, that i would send you off list (obviously) so if you cannot understand what i need, then perhaps i can do that, then you could also take a look at:

the taxes?
and why the menu items dont move up or down even after the fix?

if that is what i need to do, then i can do that, just email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will send you a login for the backend.

13 years 4 months ago #2650

Did you mistakenly reposted your previous post ?

13 years 4 months ago #2655

probably, i apologize for the duplicate, i dont remember reposing,but i may have clicked the wrong button.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds