Why don't the category names show?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2416

I have followed the tutorial on how to display categories and products, and I managed to set up a display of categories with a module. When I compare my front-end with that of the HikaShop demo, the behaviour is the same, except for one thing: On the demo site, when clicking on a category on the Category of Products on the left, that category's page is displayed, with the name of the category at the top of the page. In my case, however, whichever category I click on, the name of the module is always displayed at the top of the page, and not the name of the category. Where does one change this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 5 months ago #2418

In the module options, you must have select a menu in the option "menu". For that menu, if you go to the joomla options of the menu, under "advanced parameters" on the right you have the option "show title page" which must be activated.
Also you might need to toggle the option "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" in the HikaShop options of the menu.

13 years 5 months ago #2427

I tried to change a few things, but it still doesn't work. The menu item is a 'Categories listing' type, which I assume is correct? The Joomla menu options for this item do not have 'Advanced parameters' - only 'Parameters (Basic)' and 'Parameters (System)'.

13 years 5 months ago #2430

Yes, in parameters (system) you should have that 'show page title' option. Toggling it and the other option 'Use menu name instead of category name for the title' did not solve the problem ?

Anyway, If you want to solve this directly, you can go to Display->Views search for the file listing of the view product and you can add the code

echo $this->element->category_name;
to display the title the way you want. And then toggle off the title option in the menus and the modules so that only yours is displayed.

13 years 5 months ago #2469

Thanks.

Where exactly do I add the code?

echo $this->element->category_name;

13 years 5 months ago #2470

You can replace the code
echo $name;
by this one

13 years 5 months ago #2485

Thanks for all your trouble, Nicolas.

I have tried everything you suggested, but it still doesn't work. I'll leave it as it is.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds