How to create promotion?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #2478

Hi,
I would like to create promotion for buying 3 get 1 free. Can you advise how to do it? Thanks.
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 5 months ago #2479

Hi,

What yo can do is add a new price to the product. Set a minimum quantity of 3 for that price and a price being 66% of the normal price.

When a user adds more than 3 products to the cart he will get that price per unit instead of the normal price.

13 years 5 months ago #2481

Hi Nicolas,
I will try it. In my case, I have 8 type of bucket of toys. Each one of them has the same price, for example $10. Let's say if customer want to buy 5 buckets, the total price will be 50-10 = $40 since I would like to give customer 1 bucket for free (with the value of $10). In the commercial version, do you have discount base on quantity?
Paul

• Thank you received: 13081
13 years 5 months ago #2483

With the previous solution the problem will be that apparently you have different products, one per type of bucket, but you want to give a discount based on the total ordered.

In that case, you might want to use an auto loading coupon. That's possible in the commercial versions.

You can set a coupon with the option auto load to on and then you set a minimum of $50. And a coupon value of $10.
When a customer has more than $50 in his cart and goes to the checkout, the coupon will be applied automatically to his cart.

www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...p-discount-form.html

13 years 5 months ago #2484

Hi,
Thanks for the answer. Let me spend time to understand how to apply into my case as customer can buy many items and make the minimum amount quite easily. My intention is to limit to one type of product only so that I can push the promotion and release my stock on that particular items. :-)
Paul

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds