Problem with 'Registration' Element + a question..

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2505

I have just purchased the Business version, after trying the free version today but I can't seem to figure out how to get the Registration tab working properly...

Whenever I go to checkout, the screen says 'Registration not allowed' which will obviously a bit of a block to people buying. :(

Also, I'm curious how all this is going to work with Community Builder, i.e. if someone registers via Hikashop, then does that end up in CB too? Especially confusing given I'm also allowing sign-in via Facebook with JFBConnect.

YOu can see what I mean by adding a product over at www.festivalofsins.co.uk/store/fun-stuff.html and then trying to checkout.

Thanks in advance!

DdV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #2506

Hi,

In joomla, you have an option to allow or not the registrations. HikaShop uses this option to display or not the registration part on the right side of the login view of the checkout.

So, if you allow the joomla registration, HikaShop will display the registration screen.

When your users register via HikaShop they will be added to joomla. I believe that CB has a plugin which keeps the synchronization with joomla users so that when HikaShop will add the user information, it will be added to CB as well.

Additionally, in the tab display of the configuration you have the option "registration". This option defines the behavior of the system with the user information. If you set it to no registration, the system won't create a joomla account for the user and will just ask him his email address. If you select "simplified registration", it will just ask his email address and will create a joomla user account automatically, generate a password automatically and send his account details automatically by email. If you select "registration", the system will ask the user all the needed information in order to create his joomla account.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2507

Awesome! That worked a charm.:)

One further question... Is it possible to change the workflow so that only complete Paypal orders (paid) are actually given a number and email sent to user?

I'm not planning to use mail-in payments, etc (just Paypal), and it could get a bit confusing for me and the user if an order that is cancelled mid-process still ends up with an email being sent.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #2508

Actually, there are two emails sent, one when the order is confirmed and one when the order is completed.

The order needs to be created BEFORE the user is redirected to paypal. You can always disable the first email sent to the user by changing a bit the code, but the second email just contains a brief text and a link to the order details.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds