Paypal status - always created, never confirmed

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #2649

Hey,

I have set up the paypal plugin (actually i think these were the initial settings) to:

Pending status - created
Verified status - confirmed

When I place a successful test order the status is always just 'created'. I expected the 'verified' status when a successful payment was made, notifying the customer right away that the order was successful.

So.. is there something I can do to have the verified status set instantly for successful transactions or, does the shop administrator need to manually verify that the payment has been received, change the status and notify the customer accordingly?

Thanks for your help, loving hikashop :)

Shea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #2651

Hi,

If you have the "allow notifications" to off on the paypal plugin configuration, the paypal payment notifications will be discarded and the order status won't be updated and no email will be sent. Could that be your problem ?

13 years 4 months ago #2652

Wow thanks for the super quick response.

Allow notifications is set to yes. I have it in debug mode too. I created the log file to match the configuration in the admin (components/com_hikashop/upload/safe/logs/report.log) but this does not seem to be populating with any information... strange.

I'm receiving emails etc, it's just the status of the orders that's not right. So you agree the status should instantly be verified after a successful order?

Thanks again

13 years 4 months ago #2653

Also, I receive an email from paypal notifying me of payment received about 30 mins after the transaction. Does that mean for some reason the payment is not actually being received straight away? Or is it just slow to send the email? Hmm...

13 years 4 months ago #2654

It is not instantaneous. The plugin waits for paypal to send back a payment notification. This only happens after the paiement is done on paypal. It can take up to one minute.

Is the file components/com_hikashop/upload/safe/logs/report.log writable ? Normally, you should get reports in that file when paypal sends a notification. If you don't there are only two possiblities:
1. the file is not writable
2. paypal didn't trigger the plugin

Also, when paypal triggers the plugin, in order to verify the request, the plugin opens a connection to paypal. That process can be blocked on some hostings. In such cases, however, you should get a notification email to the email specified in the option "payment notification email" under the tab mail of the configuration.

In order to rule out problem 1, pleas try to open with your browser the URL:
http://your_website.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=paypal&tmpl=component&invoice=ORDER_ID
after replacing the website name and the ORDER_ID by the id of one of your orders. You should get a notification email and the log file should be filled with information. If you get errors regarding the connection to the paypal server, you should ask your hosting company to unblock outside connections.
If you don't get anything in the log, then you have an access rights problem on it.

13 years 4 months ago #2659

My log file was not writeable (doh!). I made file writable and this error was logged when I tried the URL you suggested.

Array
(
)

Could not load any order for your notification Array

I'm actually just developing this on my MAMP localhost, but I will transfer it to the live website now and see how it goes on there.

Thanks for your help.

13 years 4 months ago #2661

Ah !
That's the problem !

Paypal cannot send its notifications to a local website since it is not accessible from the outside :)

13 years 4 months ago #2673

Righty, I've installed Hikashop on the livesite, it's almost there just still having some problems with pending payments. This is what happens through the payment process:

Create order - order is created and customer and merchant are notified by email successfully.

Pay at paypal - Transaction is processed and customer is thanked for their transaction, then returns to merchant. Customer receives a receipt email from paypal.

I (the merchant) then receive this email

Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Pending. The order is now created.

Check the documentation concerning this issue at www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_do...paypal-error#pending

I've tried this with a couple of different merchant paypal accounts and a couple of customer paypal accounts and get the same thing... So not sure what else I can try here. The log file is writable but is still empty after making many purchases.

Thanks again for your time Nicolas, really appreciated. :)

13 years 4 months ago #2684

Since you get the notification email, it means that paypal is able to trigger hikashop.

And since the log file is empty, it means that hikashop doesn't have write access to it.

For the fact that the payment is pending: was the payment validated on paypal ? For some payments, paypal cannot confirm the payment directly and need to wait for a few days or a week before sending the confirmation notification (for example, if you pay with a wire transfer).

13 years 4 months ago #2705

Ok I have got it working now! Just had to change some settings in paypal merchant to automatically "accept" the payments it receives (instead of asking me for permission to accept which appears to be the default).

Great. Thanks for your help there. I hope to be able to contribute back to this forum where I can because this extension is just awesome, Joomla needs this big time. :)

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds