need some pro help over here :D

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3177

Hello there.i have a problem wich i was hoping you can help me with.i have set up a site in wich the link to the ategories i want to "sell" arent menu links but images.Because this might be a little difficult to understand here is the link : koutanistech.gr . You will notice 4 big pictures in the center.those are my links to each category.i have reaqd many many times the guide but what i cant do is this : when you click to the hardware picture i have setup a module to show 2 sub categories in it,i made 2 random categories (one is mouse and the other keyboards).now what i need to do is when you go there and click on mouse to show the products i have under mouse in hikashop and when you click on keyboard to show the keyboards.so far i havent managed to find a solution.any suggestions? ty in advance for een reading this,i hope for a reply soon.

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by koutanis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3181

Hi,

I see that your four images do not directs to a listing of products but to a joomla article.
You should create a hikashop categories listing menu. Edit its hikashop options, set the "parent cateogry" and save them. There you will have a message to generate automatically a listing of products associated. Click on the link provided in that message.
Then, use this menu link as the link of one of your image.
Then, move that menu to a main menu which is not displayed on your template so that the menu is not displayed.
Finally, repeat the operation for each image.

13 years 4 months ago #3187

hi and thank you for your fast reply.yea the images lead to a link cause i couldnt find another way to link them to a page.i have the link from a menu that shows only to admins :).i will give it a shot and reply with any results.ty again for your fast answer

13 years 4 months ago #3213

hello again.i tried what you said but i now have a different problem.in order to show what we were trying to show after clicking the image you have to have at least once click the link from the menu module.if you go straight to the image it displays all of the categories with different backround settings etc that the ones it supposed to show.and i cant find out why this happens.if i log into and click the menu once (its hidden to admin view only) then it work like normal.(guess its the cookies).any suggestions?

13 years 4 months ago #3217

Hi,

The link you're using for the images is not correct. You need to add to it the id of the menu your created.
For that, you need to add to the link the text "&itemid=ID" where you can replace ID by the ID of your menu.

13 years 4 months ago #3223

hi and sorry for bothering you again.i now dont get the message to auto link to a module.all i get is this : MENU_WITHOUT_ASSOCIATED_MODULE
ASSOCIATED_MODULE_NEEDED
ADD_MODULE_AUTO
HIKASHOP_SUCC_SAVED

i have no idea why this happens.all i did was delete all the menus to start over again and now it doesnt auto create a hikashop module :S

13 years 4 months ago #3224

Those messages will appear instead of their correspnding translation if something happened to the translation. Please revert the changes you made to your hikashop translation or load a new version from our servers. You can do that in the configuration, under the tab languages.

13 years 4 months ago #3230

It worked!!! i love you mate :) ty so much :)

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds