Problem adding multiple varients to a product

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3358

Hi, firstly thanks for what seems to be a great product! I have just installed the free version and I'm starting trying to add products and find my way around.

I have added an item of clothing and I want to add 3 varients: Size, colour & Stitching colour.

The size came up fine and works just right but when I try to add the other varients I get the message: "No values found" instead of a drop box and the text and image from teh body of the product also does no appear.

I've added a couple of images to explain further.

1st image showing one varient and everything looking good.

2nd image showing no values and body missing.

Hopefully someone can offer advice!

Regards,
Rob.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by rob99.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #3363

If you add new characteristics to a product which already had characteristics, the variants might not be updated/inserted automatically. In such case you need to edit/create the variants yourself via the "manage variants" button when editing your product.

13 years 4 months ago #3367

Excellent advice. Problem solved. Many Thanks :)

13 years 3 months ago #4248

Hi Nicholas,

is there a quick way to add the variants by copying the previous variant and editing it properties?

nicolas wrote:

If you add new characteristics to a product which already had characteristics, the variants might not be updated/inserted automatically. In such case you need to edit/create the variants yourself via the "manage variants" button when editing your product.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 3 months ago #4251

You have two options:
1. create the variants yourself via the manage variants button.
2. Delete all the existing variants for your product. Then, remove the characteristics from your product and save it. Finally, add all the characteristics back. That way, the system will automatically create all the variants again and you won't see the "No values found" message anymore.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds