Re: Quantity discount

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3689

I would like to offer a discount based on quantity. For example, if more than 1 item is ordered from a category, apply a flat discount for every item after the first one. Can someone please suggest a way to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 4 months ago #3690

What you could do is create a discount with a restriction on the category so that it will be applied to the price of products only if the product is in the category. However, that will apply to all the items, even the first one.

You could also create a coupon with a restriction on the category, activate the auto load in cart function so that it is automatically used and set the minimum order amount restriction so that it won't be applied if the user orders less than €X. Also, since you can't have more than one coupon per order, the coupon will have to be a percentage so that its amount varies based on the total of the items in the cart.

These restriction options are only available in the commercial versions of HikaShop.

13 years 4 months ago #3692

Thank you for the quick response. However, neither of these solutions quite achieve what I am looking to do here. I guess I am looking for something like "Buy one CD, get $2 off on every additional one".

I'll try to device some kind of workaround. It would be a nice feature to have though. I must say, however, it is an excellent module overall - thanks to the developers.

13 years 4 months ago #3693

You can also set different prices for each product with a different prices based on the number of item in the cart.

for example:
price minimum quantity
€10 0
€8 2

That way the price of each item will be lower if the user buy more that 2 items.

However, that is not exactly what you want.

It's not possible to do exactly what you want.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332153

Hello Nicolas,

I see this post is from some time ago
This is something I want to do also
If someone orders one article it cost 2 euro
If they order three articles it costs 5 euro and if someone orders six of the articles it costs ten euro

This is still not possible?
Or is something changed in the later versions of Hikashop and is it by now possible to do this?
I have tried it in my Hikashop but I can't finf it

I use the latetst version of
HikaShop Business: 4.4.1

Kind regards
Margreet

2 years 11 months ago #332159

Hi,

Since 10 years ago, we've added a few functions to the coupon system.
So what I suggested before:

create a coupon with a restriction on the category, activate the auto load in cart function so that it is automatically used and set the minimum order amount restriction so that it won't be applied if the user orders less than €X

can be used.
For the example you provided you could create 2 coupons:
- have all the products with a price of 2.
- one coupon with a minimum number of products of 3 and a discount amount of 1 (that way the checkout would display a total price of 2 * 3 -1 = 5)
- one other coupon with a minimum number of products of 6 and a discount amount of 2 (that way the checkout would display a total price of 2 * 6 - 2 = 10)
And with the checkout system that has been improved over the years, the system will switch the coupon loaded for the current cart based on the content of the cart each time you change something in the cart.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds