Re: Sorting characteristic values

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #40346

Hi,

When editing the values for a characteristic (such as "color"), I currently don't see any option to sort the values alphabetically or otherwise.

Is it possible to do it somehow?

I'm building a store with several hundred items in it (fashion store selling various dresses), each having multiple sizes and colors. Right now there are about 200 different color names in there, and I have to add new ones from time to time (as clothes designers sometimes tend to use fancy names for colors, it's impossible to have a pre-defined list that will "fit all".

So the problem, without the sorting option is, it's very hard to see if the color is already in there or if it needs to be added before adding the new model/item to the store.

Hope this makes sense...

Please let me know if there is indeed a way to sort (short of my "make-shift" method of exporting the characteristics table, modifying it in Excel and re-importing it into the database).

Thanks!

Zoltan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
12 years 2 months ago #40549

You can sort the characteristics values alphabetically by changing the option "Characteristics values ordering" of the Display tab of the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: coolcatcreative

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 1 week ago #317500

nicolas wrote: You can sort the characteristics values alphabetically by changing the option "Characteristics values ordering" of the Display tab of the configuration.

I come across your answer but I can't find it in my version 4.2.3

I found it.
Now under the main settings

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by webmasterab.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 week ago #317518

Hi,

You can find now that setting under the "Main" tab of the HikaShop configuration, in the "product" section.

The following user(s) said Thank You: webmasterab

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds