Re: Price includes taxes

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #43728

Hi Nicolas,

I need to display all the product prices with the tax (15%) in it. I believe I can do this by choosing the option "with tax" at the system->display back end.

However,at the check out page and invoice, the calculation is currently like this, (the price for the product is NZD 45)

Total NZD 39.13 (not include tax)

Shipping NZD 18.00 (include tax)

GST(TAX) NZD 5.87 (only calculated from the product 39.13 x 15%)

Final Total NZD 63.00 (39.13 + 18 + 5.87)

What I would like is

Total NZD 45.00 (include tax)

Shipping NZD 18.00 (include tax)

INCLUDES GST(TAX) NZD 8.22 (calculated from the product & shipping (45 + 18) x 3/23)

Final Total NZD 63.00 (45 + 18)

Basically the price before tax is not shown to the customers at all, instead we show the amount of GST/TAX in it.

What are the changes that I have to do? and where do i go for modifying both the "check out" page and the invoice, for example, I need to add the word "INCLUDES" ?

I have read some of the previous forums but I haven't really found the right solution. I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

Many thanks.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by shanwell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
12 years 1 month ago #43865

Hi,

Regarding the addition of the "INCLUDES" word, you should change the VAT text via a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/en/download/languages.html#modify

For the shipping price's tax, if you want to have taxes calculated on the shipping, please make sure that you select a tax category in your shipping methods.

Regarding the total price with taxes on the checkout, you will have to edit the file "cart" of the view "checkout" via the menu Display->Views in order to add the line:
$this->params->set('price_with_tax',1);

before the line:
$this->row=$this->total;

For the invoice, you will have to edit the file "invoice" of the view "order" via the menu Display->Views and change the line:
<?php echo $this->currencyHelper->format($this->order->order_subtotal_no_vat,$this->order->order_currency_id); ?>

to:
<?php echo $this->currencyHelper->format($this->order->order_subtotal,$this->order->order_currency_id); ?>

12 years 1 month ago #44696

Hi Nicolas,

I followed all the changes. However after I added the tax option into the shipping method, the "Shipping" amount is displayed with additional extra tax in it (both in Check Out page and invoice):

Total 45.00

Shipping 20.70 --> I need this to be 18 (this is the amount that I set in the shipping method which already includes the tax)

INCLUDES GST 8.57 --> (calculated from 45 + 20.70) I need this to be calculated from (45 + 18)

Final total 65.70 --> (45+20.70) need to be 45 + 18= 63

The shipping cost is supposed to be 18 and that amount already include the tax. What do I have to do? Does it mean when I set up the shipping method, I have to put the shipping cost amount minus the tax ? So instead of 18, I put 15.65? Or is there other way?

When I tested the payment in Paypal, the order summary is totally different:

Total 39.13 --> I need this with tax -> 45

Shipping 18.00 --> Correct

Item Total 57.13 --> Needs to be 45 + 18

Tax 5.87 --> Needs to be calculated from (45 + 18)

What changes do I have to do to have all the amounts displayed in Paypal order summary, the same as the Check Out page and invoice? and also can I change the word "Tax" into other words?

Lots of thanks.

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by shanwell.

12 years 4 weeks ago #44889

In the shipping method, if you select a tax category, you indeed have to enter the price without taxes, like in products.

It is not possible to change the interface in PayPal. The only thing I can propose you is to turn off the "send order details" option of the paypal plugin so that the summary is not in PayPal, if you don't want to confuse your customers. Likewise, it is not possible the word "Tax" in PayPal.

12 years 4 weeks ago #44942

I entered the shipping price without taxes and the calculation details in both checkout page and invoice are ok now. When I went to the paypal page, they only calculated the tax out of the product. They didn't calculate the tax for the shipping cost, so the total amount of order and payment are different.
Is there any way to fix this in Hikashop's end? If you entered the amount of shipping with tax in it in the shipping method, then the amount in paypal is correct, but others (checkout & invoice) are not.

I followed your suggestion to turn off the "send order details" option and Paypal only shows the total of order which is amazingly correct. They calculated the tax out of product and shipping. I will stick to this option if there is no other way.

I really appreciate all your support these days. I am getting Hikashop business version soon. :)

12 years 4 weeks ago #45103

Try to download HikaShop again on our website and install it over your current version. I recall that there was a problem with the shipping tax in the paypal plugin in the latest version and that a new build of the packages were uploaded recently for that.

That should solve your display problem on PayPal when the tax is specified in the shipping method.

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 5 months ago #325586

Hi,

sorry but I have a similar problem: In the first Cart of Checkout I have the possibilty to choose the type of price to be shown (with or without taxes). I set the view as I need and screen is like this:

This viewis perfect for me, with product prices (without Tax), a Subtotal Without Tax, the shipment, the Tax amount and a Final total with tax.

I want to replicate the same format also in the Order Review and Invoice, because they are like this:
Here I have the product priice and subtotal that are already with tax. But this can create confusion.
What "Display->view" I need to modify to have the same view as first Cart (I think is a variable to be replaced, but I didn't found it... my apologies...)

I only found that if I set in general settings the "price without tax", then all views are as I need. But I don't want to have the price without Tax in the product detail screens.... So I think I need to override the "price without tax" in product detail screen or override the price with tax in invoice and order views... But I need some help from you.

Thank you so much!

Danilo

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Baracus.

3 years 5 months ago #325601

Hi,

It will indeed be simpler to override only the price display on the product details page.
You can edit the file product / listing_price.php via the menu Display>Views and add such code at the beginning:

<?php $this->params->set('price_with_tax', 1); ?>

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds