Customer not receiving order confirmation email

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50204

I've set up Hikashop on my testsite and am using Paypal Sandbox to test the system for selling downloadable files.

Everything in the process seems to work, except the very last stage - the buyer does not receive a confirmation email containing the download link.

The seller receives an email stating the order has been created and one stating

"Hello,
A Paypal notification was received with the status Pending. The order is now confirmed."

The buyer receives an email saying the order has been created, but no confirmation email.

In the back end the order status is shown as 'confirmed' with reason being "automatic payment notification received".

Manually changing an order from created to confirmed in the back end results in a confirmation email being sent to the buyer.

Am I missing something obvious?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50286

Hi,

That's because the payment is pending so the confirmation email is not sent.
Add the code:

$config =& hikashop_config();
		if($config->get('order_confirmed_status','confirmed')==$order->order_status){
			$order->history->history_notified=1;
		}
before the code:
$order->mail_status=$statuses[$order->order_status];
in the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal.php and it should work like you want.

11 years 11 months ago #50319

Thanks for this. I will try it out. But I'm wondering if I should insert this code into my actual site. At the moment I'm trying things out on a test site and using Paypal Sandbox. Do I want to insert this code when I get my live site up and running? Will it then confirm orders even if payment is pending?

I'm not clear as to why the notification is shown as pending, when within Paypal sandbox the buyer and seller have received emails in their accounts saying that the payment has been received!

Thanks

11 years 11 months ago #50376

Hi I have a similar problem where customers aren't receiving any confirmation email from hikashop, only from paypal. I want them to receive the order confirmation email. The order status's are all confirmed. How do I fix this?

Thank you

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by millionairess.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #50417

That code won't confirm pending orders.
That code will send an email if the orders are confirmed, regardless of whether then payment is accepted or pending.
It's a normal modification which will be in next release of hikaShop.

If PayPal says that the payment is pending, then it means that the payment is pending. Sometimes, it takes 1 week to confirm payments with banks, and sometimes, the paypal account is confirmed to not validate the payments automatically and you have to do it yourself in PayPal. In that last case, you can change that thanks to an option in your PayPal account.

@millionairess also make sure that your website is able to send emails.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds