Configure the Hikashop search plugin

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #53049

Hello!

I love Hikashop but have run into a little issue. I was testing the search feature and noticed that the returns that I get have amended urls. Meaning:
poprockvintage.com/index.php/component/h...rchid-blossoms-dress ?
becomes
poprockvintage.com/index.php/component/h...oms-dress?Itemid=478

This would not be a big deal except that when you click the url, a whole listing of products shows before the actual item. I probably am missing something simple, but any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53141

Please make sure that the Item id option of the plugin is filled with the id of a hikashop category/products listing menu. Otherwise, it won't work properly.

11 years 10 months ago #53147

Thank for the reply. I put the id of one of my categories in the item id section of the Hikashop search plugin. What happens is that the first item returned in search link to that item when clicked. Any items returned after the first has the same issue as before (a full product listing and the item itself afterward). Not sure what I am doing wrong.

11 years 10 months ago #53160

You should NOT put the id of a category in that option but the id of a HikaShop categories listing menu.
You can see them via the menu Display->Content menus.

11 years 9 months ago #58197

dear Nicolas,

I am now having a similar problem to the one above. my search bar will not search any products. I have tried changing the item id in the search plugin to the ones in the display>content menus. I have tried every menu id there to see if any would work but they make no difference. is there something else I could try?

kind regards,
Tanya

11 years 9 months ago #58262

Please make sure that you're using the joomla search module and not the smartsearch one.
Also check that the hikashop product search plugin is enabled.

11 years 9 months ago #58291

hi,

yes I think so. I have attached screen shots of both the module manager and plugin manager. I have also attached screen shot of the content menus screen - I have tried putting the ID of each of the content menus (25, 17, 7, and 2) into the item id box on the search plugin, but none of them work.
could it be anything else I'm doing wrong?

kind regards,
Tanya

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #58340

Can you try to turn on the "debug mode" of the configuration of joomla and search again ?
If there is a problem with the plugin, it should then display a big error message.

Otherwise, it should work. In that case, please give a link to your products listing and search module on your website so that we can see that.

11 years 9 months ago #58362

hi - yep big error message:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1104 - The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay SQL=SELECT DISTINCT a.product_id AS id, a.product_name, a.product_created AS created , a.product_description, "2" AS browsernav, a.product_type, a.product_parent_id, b.category_id as category_id FROM jos_hikashop_product AS a INNER JOIN jos_hikashop_product_category AS b ON a.product_parent_id=b.product_id OR a.product_id=b.product_id WHERE a.product_published=1 AND a.product_quantity!=0 AND ((((a.product_name LIKE '%pop%') AND (a.product_name LIKE '%rivets%'))) OR (((a.product_description LIKE '%pop%') AND (a.product_description LIKE '%rivets%'))) OR (((a.product_id LIKE '%pop%') AND (a.product_id LIKE '%rivets%'))) OR (((a.product_parent_id LIKE '%pop%') AND (a.product_parent_id LIKE '%rivets%')))) GROUP BY (a.product_id) ORDER BY a.product_name DESC LIMIT 0, 50

11 years 9 months ago #58420

That error is thrown by MySQL because there is a too big number of results for the join in that query.
It means that you have too many products/categories for the restriction set in place on your server.

How many products/categories do you have ?

You can try to add the code :
$db->setQuery('SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1');
$db->query();

before the line:
$query = ' SELECT DISTINCT '.$select.' FROM '.hikashop_table('product') . ' AS a '.$leftjoin.' WHERE '.implode(' AND ',$filters).' GROUP BY (a.product_id) ORDER BY '.$order;

in the file plugins/search/hikashop_products/hikashop_products.php and that might help fix the problem.

11 years 9 months ago #59126

hi,

149 categories (including subcategories) and 600 products.
changing the code has fixed it though.

thanks,
Tanya

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #70214

Same problem over here.

There are only a few products in the database, so that can't be the problem.

The debug mode gave this error:

500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1146 - Table 'jan_toys.s3gof_plugins' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT `published` FROM `s3gof_plugins` WHERE `element` = 'jfrouter' AND `folder` = 'system'

Plugins are published. The configuration of the search is exactly the same as on the demo-site.

Jan

11 years 6 months ago #70325

It's not the same problem at all.
Your error says that the table plugins of joomla does not exists in the database.
That's not even an error of HikaShop.
That query is trying to look for the joomfish router plugin information in the database.
It sounds like you have the joomfish router plugin published even though you're on joomla 2.5 where the table plugins has been removed and on which joomfish doesn't work.
You should unpublish that joomfish plugin and that will remove that error.

11 years 6 months ago #70368

Hi Nicolas,

I figured it out and googled on this problem. The issue was RS-SEO from RS joomla which causes the error.

But now still no results on the search.
Can you help us?

www.toyscompany.testjouwsite.nl/

Jan

11 years 6 months ago #70375

Can you try to turn on the "debug mode" of the configuration of joomla and search again ?
If there is a problem with the plugin, it should then display a big error message.

11 years 6 months ago #70389

There is not a 'big error', but 'only' this:

Notice: Undefined variable: font_libs in /home/jan/domains/testjouwsite.nl/public_html/toyscompany/templates/ict_xemiba/libs/ict_header_include.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined variable: font_libs in /home/jan/domains/testjouwsite.nl/public_html/toyscompany/templates/ict_xemiba/libs/ict_header_include.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined variable: config in /home/jan/domains/testjouwsite.nl/public_html/toyscompany/templates/ict_xemiba/index.php on line 92

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/jan/domains/testjouwsite.nl/public_html/toyscompany/templates/ict_xemiba/index.php on line 92

Jan

11 years 6 months ago #70609

Could you copy/paste the queries that you have at the bottom of the result page when the debug mode is activated and also do a screenshot of the options page of the hikashop products plugin ?

11 years 6 months ago #70642

Hi Nicolas,

Attached 3 files with the screenshot and the queries.`

Kind regards
Jan

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #70692

Hi,

So the query which is run by the plugin is this one:
SELECT DISTINCT b.*
FROM s3gof_hikashop_product_category AS a
LEFT JOIN s3gof_hikashop_product AS b
ON a.product_id=b.product_id
WHERE b.product_published=1
AND b.product_type = 'main'
AND a.category_id IN (2)
AND (b.product_access = 'all' OR b.product_access LIKE '%,1,%')
AND ( b.product_description LIKE '%duplo%' )
ORDER BY a.ordering ASC
LIMIT 0, 20

As you can see, it only searches in the product_description field, not the product_name field.
You might have a second hikashop product search plugin which is configured to search only the description in your plugins manager. Otherwise, try to change the selection of the search fields in the options of the search plugin. There must be something related to it.

11 years 6 months ago #70697

I tried a lot of things, but it's not possible te make it happen.
For sure I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. :-(.

Is it possible for you to login on the backend and have a look. If this is one is working, I know for the future how to do.

Jan

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds